Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 Games 2 Points

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry for being disappointed that the Albion didn't win any of the last 4 having dominated the league. I'm even disappointed when we lose friendlies. I said disappointed, not moaning not ranting, just disappointed. :shrug:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Sorry for being disappointed that the Albion didn't win any of the last 4 having dominated the league. I'm even disappointed when we lose friendlies. I said disappointed, not moaning not ranting, just disappointed. :shrug:

Well done for caveating your post, this is a most useful practice to ensure those people who have not yet attended the NSC class "Learn how to not over-ract 1A" will not over-react.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS

you also wrote that it has taken the edge of the season!

impossible surely!

i suggest you try and enjoy the 95 points won, not the 43 we dropped
the 28 games won, not the 7 lost
the 85 goals we scored , not the 40 we let in,
the arrival of Nooney not the injury to Lua Lua

and if that doesnt work
take a look at our record in March and smile!

what a season!!!! Championes!!!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Langley is a sensible poster - not sure he deserves the replies he is getting here.

For me the season has ended in as a slight anticlimax. We've been all conquering and playing so well, that once we had won the Title anything was going to be a bit of a down. How could the adrenalin keep flowing after wrapping this up so quickly.

My thoughts have turned to next season and possible singings etc in the last couple of weeks. The side have had little to motivate them or keep them focussed and have come up against very motivated teams who were fighting for points. No surprise at the results and no shame actually. But defo have felt a bit flat since Walsall. Inevitable and understandable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The end of the season hinged on one factor Murray getting injured with him in and fit we would have beaten SCC Huddersfield possibly Colchester and Notts County so it shows how much we missed him. Without him or similar out attack is toothless.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
you also wrote that it has taken the edge of the season!

impossible surely!

i suggest you try and enjoy the 95 points won, not the 43 we dropped
the 28 games won, not the 7 lost
the 85 goals we scored , not the 40 we let in,
the arrival of Nooney not the injury to Lua Lua

and if that doesnt work
take a look at our record in March and smile!

what a season!!!! Championes!!!!

QUOTE]

Like to quote where I said that, because I didn't. I suggest you read posts more thoroughly before being quite so condescending

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
How dissapointing is that ? Nothing to play for, what about pride. For me it has taken the edge off of our Champioship win.

Spot on - and not sure why you've received flack for this post. Thing is, the margins between success and failure are so fine and I guess it must be very difficult for the players to maintain the same level of intensity when there is nothing on the game, even if they still want to win.

But I was really disappointed not to finish on a high yesterday. It was a very poor spectacle that didn't do justice to our superb season. Equally, for me the trophy celebrations against Huddersfield were a bit subdued due to the loss. Again, I'm not being judgemental here - the players are fantastic and deserve all the plaudits - just saying how I feel.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Langley is a sensible poster - not sure he deserves the replies he is getting here.

For me the season has ended in as a slight anticlimax. We've been all conquering and playing so well, that once we had won the Title anything was going to be a bit of a down.

I was really disappointed not to finish on a high yesterday. It was a very poor spectacle that didn't do justice to our superb season. Equally, for me the trophy celebrations against Huddersfield were a bit subdued due to the loss. Again, I'm not being judgemental here - the players are fantastic and deserve all the plaudits - just saying how I feel.

Agree with both these posts. Of course I'm thrilled we are champions - it's been a fantastic season! But it would have been nice to have gone out on a high - since Walsall we've been in relegation form, points-wise, anyway, so a good thing we had it sown up with four matches to go! .....and I'm not entirely convinced by the "We took our foot off the gas" argument; it didn't look like that against SCC and Hudders. Still, onwards and upwards - looking forward to next season now.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agree with both these posts. Of course I'm thrilled we are champions - it's been a fantastic season! But it would have been nice to have gone out on a high - since Walsall we've been in relegation form, points-wise, anyway, so a good thing we had it sown up with four matches to go! .....and I'm not entirely convinced by the "We took our foot off the gas" argument; it didn't look like that against SCC and Hudders. Still, onwards and upwards - looking forward to next season now.

What do you mean it didn't look like we'd taken our foot off the gas? How can you tell? We still played some good stuff especially vs Hudds but if we don't want it then you tend to waste more chances and put in less effort to win 50/50s for example. Also players don't want to pick up any injuries

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Thanks TRHK & Deanos I P , there are a few on here who have failed to grasp the point, nowhere have I derided the team, or played down our fabulous season, I have just stated how it has left me feeling.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks TRHK & Deanos I P , there are a few on here who have failed to grasp the point, nowhere have I derided the team, or played down our fabulous season, I have just stated how it has left me feeling.

I would describe 'Taken the edge off' as playing down our season. Obviously it's a bit of a shame, but I bet the team are knackered so cut them some slack and enjoy the moment...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I mean it still looked as if we were trying very hard to win those games......................and we picked up injuries..........

I doubt anyone would agree we were trying very hard to win those games. Obviously we would've liked to but as I say, no one was going the extra mile to make themselves available for a pass for example

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
How dissapointing is that ? Nothing to play for, what about pride. For me it has taken the edge off of our Champioship win.

With Wood up front we were never going to compete against Spton or Hudds, goals have always come from his substitute

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here