Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 Games 2 Points

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree it was a little disappointing as we have finished on a low rather than a high, not that it matters of course

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I can't believe some people on here. I take it then when we were celebrating at Walsall you were thinking back to the 3 points we got from 5 games in November and December and thinking about that part of the season. We won the Championship! Can people just not be happy about that and stop moaning?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We took our foot off the gas, I was excited about the possibility of 100 points but c'est la vie...it didn't take the edge off for me - its still a fantastic moment...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've had some bad injuries to key players in the last 4 games, which have affected the team. We've had the blip that all the other supporters said that we would get. Unfortunately for them, it was when it was too late.
The players are aware of those injuries and have been easing back, as who wants to go on holiday in plaster? Unfortunately for Tommy that is quite probably what will happen.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Don't forget, 3 of the teams we've played have had promotion or relegation to motivate them. It's all very well to set points targets, but that is never going to be as motivating.

Don't worry about the points tally, just look at the position. CHAMPIONS!!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
It's incredibly easy to take one's foot off the gas when the job is 100% done and we would all do that - so I didn't
expect the 100 pts to happen to be honest. The lads done well!

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Only 5 defeats away all season! Yes we could have won the two away games except for two atrocious defensive mistakes - the thing to remember is the 20 or so clean sheets!

The two home games were expected to be very dificult in clinching our place in the play-offs if we were lucky at the start of the season. The next best teams who were chasing 2nd place (not top) had to win and were lucky to clinch all three points in the closing minutes.

Brilliant season and well done to only need 41 games whereas everyone else needed 46!

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
You talk about pride. What is wrong with you. Top of the league is as high as you go. Shame on you.

slagging off your own team after they became champions........ CLASS

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I agree. Being Champions is not enough. I'm going to throw my Amex season ticket in the river in protest.

pezza

Oct 26, 2010
seaford
It was job done, foot of the gas how many other teams went on a jolly to Marbella before there last game none I expect, it's was time to relax and watch everyone else biting there nails about promotion or relegating.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's a shame Southampton couldn't keep up with us and push us all the way so the last four games would have meant something.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
How dissapointing is that ? Nothing to play for, what about pride. For me it has taken the edge off of our Champioship win.

Oh dear. I also feel gutted that we've won the league; annihilated it in fact; promoted with four games in hand; remained top since September. I'd really hate to have you as my boss. OK - it's not quite perfection, but I'll always settle for sheer excellence instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here