Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 game packages now available

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Get a grip you pair of tarts. Nobody is moaning, only expressing surprise at the fact there seems to be no obvious advantage to doing this deal. Just a token gesture of a saving of £10 would have made some sense, but to offer nothing at all is odd. You're being told what games you have to go to, you're paying up to eight months in advance and you're saving absolutely nothing. You can't dress this up as a great idea.

Okay. Maybe not complaining. You are, however, questioning marketing tools for getting people to buy tickets. What is wrong with having these options? What is wrong with giving people the opportunity to buy a 4 match package? Would make a good birthday present don't you think? You don't have to scrutinise and inevitably criticise everything the club does do you?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm surprised that there isn't a small incentive to buy 4 match packages. I wouldn't expect the tickets at season ticket pro-rata rates, but I would have thought there'd be a small discount on the match-by-match price.

I'm not moaning, but I am surprised.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Only advantage is that you have 4 games booked in advance long before they go on general sale, so you wont have to buy one now and you get 40 loyalty points, which will help those without STs if we get a home FA Cup match against a "glamour" team.

Would of thought giving a bit of a discount would mean a faster uptake though - as there is no saving. Still, good idea from the club to get arses on seats.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed. A South Stand ticket costs £28 per match or £18.47 when bought as part of a season ticket. I'd have thought the club could have sold the four-game deal at less than £100.

Or a round £100. Or maybe £99 - "Tickets for 4 top-quality Albion games for under one hundred pounds" etc etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or a round £100. Or maybe £99 - "Tickets for 4 top-quality Albion games for under one hundred pounds" etc etc.
What would be the point.
The club feels they can sell, them, nobody here seems to completely disagree.

Knocking them out for a bargain just makes a mockery and alienates ST holders.

Imagine the binfestary should we get promoted and the club then offered up this deal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What would be the point.
The club feels they can sell, them, nobody here seems to completely disagree.

Knocking them out for a bargain just makes a mockery and alienates ST holders.

Imagine the binfestary should we get promoted and the club then offered up this deal.

1. If we are selling out each and every game then fair enough. Whether we do remains to be seen. With good results we probably will, with poorer results we probably won't.

2. Why would it alienate season ticket holders? They get their seats for c£18 a ticket, the 4-match package people would be paying £25 a ticket, with the match-by-match people paying £28. Season ticket holders are still getting a MASSIVE bargain.

Mr Terrific

Aug 17, 2012
When a similar thing was done at Withdean in 06/07(?) you got 5 games for £104. It was slightly cheaper than buying match-by-match, but still not as cheap as buying a season ticket.

I guess the difference is that Withdean was never in danger of selling out at that time, whereas the Amex will likely sell out for all the games included in this package regardless. From the clubs perspective, there's no sense point in offering people a discount on this package when there are probably more than enough people who are prepared to pay full price.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1. If we are selling out each and every game then fair enough. Whether we do remains to be seen. With good results we probably will, with poorer results we probably won't.

2. Why would it alienate season ticket holders? They get their seats for c£18 a ticket, the 4-match package people would be paying £25 a ticket, with the match-by-match people paying £28. Season ticket holders are still getting a MASSIVE bargain.
I just pay the bill!
I now see the gap in the price structure that £99 fits into.

I think it's just yet another sign of the direction we are going.
The expectation is to sell out, and this is just another way to do it.
All done without having to compromise on the price, because the club isn't compromising anywhere else.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
When a similar thing was done at Withdean in 06/07(?) you got 5 games for £104. It was slightly cheaper than buying match-by-match, but still not as cheap as buying a season ticket.

I guess the difference is that Withdean was never in danger of selling out at that time, whereas the Amex will likely sell out for all the games included in this package regardless. From the clubs perspective, there's no sense point in offering people a discount on this package when there are probably more than enough people who are prepared to pay full price.

When they did the deal in the final season that if you bought a ticket for one of the first home games you could purchase tickets for the final three home games (buying them in August) there was no discount.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I just pay the bill!
I now see the gap in the price structure that £99 fits into.

I think it's just yet another sign of the direction we are going.
The expectation is to sell out, and this is just another way to do it.
All done without having to compromise on the price, because the club isn't compromising anywhere else.

We haven't sold out a single game yet, have we?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The club are in the business of maximising revenue at the moment. Recent transfer activity seems to suggest we are seriously looking to make a playoff push this season and we'll need all the money we can get, hence the lack of a discount for these tickets. If and it's a big IF we continue to play attractive football and maintain a high position in the table the likelihood is that we will sell these packages comfortably at full price (with booking fee saving) so the need for a discount is not there.

if the team keep their end of the bargain then the ticket demand issues resolve themselves at the regular price. At the moment this pricing makes complete sense from the club's perspective as they are selling a desirable product. If the product gets worse and thousands of tickets remain unsold, then we may see a more incentive based pricing structure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We haven't sold out a single game yet, have we?
The decision for this 'deal' isn't based on the here and now.

But I feel even that might change, in the short term.
But long term tickets could be like hens teeth, esp if we are heading towards or even gain the magic P.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

My thoughts exactly. Had they made it £99 it just 'seems' a far more attractive package even if the saving is only small.

Mr Terrific

Aug 17, 2012
When they did the deal in the final season that if you bought a ticket for one of the first home games you could purchase tickets for the final three home games (buying them in August) there was no discount.

Yes. I think that was a similar situation to now though, in that the club were probably anticipating a healthy attendance for those games, or at least the final game at Withdean. Whereas in 06/07 with the 5 game packages you were paying to watch the likes of George Santos and Alex Revell play teams like Rotherham, Crewe and Yeovil.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does it occur to anyone that this deal is about the club, not any group of fans.
Some people will buy it, to save faffing around buying four separate lots of tickets (the sort of people who buy on a match by match basis anyway), and the club have a guaranteed income on those seats for those matches, way in advance.

Can't see why it's remotely a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here