Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 days, 2 big games, how many points?

How many points will we get from Hull and Blackburn?

Votes: 11 7.7%

Votes: 18 12.6%

Votes: 19 13.3%

Votes: 10 7.0%

Votes: 43 30.1%

Votes: 42 29.4%

• Total voters

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I think Hull will beat us, and Blacburn will get an injury time equaliser, But it will depend which BHA turn up, pressure is on Gus to get the tactics and side right in both to start with.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Everybody knows that 4 points will get the vote.

0-0 v Hull is nearly certain.

I fancy us to defeat Blackburn

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Everybody knows that 4 points will get the vote.

0-0 v Hull is nearly certain.

I fancy us to defeat Blackburn

Two. Go behind yet again. Get a draw again. Fed up with it frankly.

Give your ticket to someone who will enjoy the matches then.

Beat Hull .

Draw Blackburn.

4 points is the minimum required.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we have aspirations of promotion it has got to be 6 from those two games with a bonus 3 hopefully coming at Cardiff although 1 there would be ok. If Blackburn beat us they could well go above us s they are 13th only 2 points behind us.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm a believer in 6 points from them two. As long as we go out and enjoy ourselves, not feeling any pressure and turning on the flair, then we'll come away winners. The squad is big enough to change things when ahead and under pressure to change our tactics with ease, so let's thunderbolt out of there at the whistle and have just a couple of spells not in control. Frig big-face Bruce and the Blackburn Shambollockals. I taste victory attached to utter class in the first and a surprising battle to victory in the second.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
If it isn't 6 points our play off hopes are over.

This I am optimistic about beating Hull we do tend to pick up after a shite performance, I am more worried that Blackburn will steal a draw or god forbid win. Thank god Middlesboro, Millwall and Watford all lost in the last week but we have to take control of our own destiny and not rely on others.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Well, let's think about this. The teams above us making their charge for the playoffs will be averaging 2 points per game on the run in, and we are at least 5 points behind so we have to score points faster than them. So, four would not be enough from these two games, five is not achievable in two games, so we have to score six.

Do I think we'll score 6? No, not by a long chalk. We're looking pretty disjointed and rattled, and we're not starting with a dangerous line up or tactics. We're being out-muscled and out-thought, and I honestly think we'll get 2 draws at best. That will see the gap to play-off zone grow to 7 or 8 points, and at the rate the teams above us are scoring I think by Valentine's we'll consider this season is almost written off. Be interesting to see what happens to home attendances once it's clear the game is up for this season.

Of course, I hope we get 6 and set the place alight, but only Orlandi and Bridcutt really look like top level playersready to deliver top end performances right now. If we don't finish 9th or higher then I can see Gus touting himself to the market with stuff like "I've taken them as far as I can with the resources I have...." and be off for the first decent offer.

I'm wrong much more often than I'm right, so I hope I'm wrong again.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Two points. Go two up against Hull and they will pull it back. Blackburn has a dull 0-0 written all over it. Hope we do better than this but feel that this is where we are and need to be realistic.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Absolutely, we're not far off being a very good side. At home we are difficult to beat, the difference in those two games for me being:

Hull - may try and come to win, as they are also in the shake up. Even if they don't, with Vicente back and a proper striking presence we probably have enough to score at least one.

Blackburn - just think their apparent physical approach and at best 'average' manager, will not trouble us. Jordan Rhodes will be a handful though. Also, similar to Hull if they have any aspirations for then play offs they must attack.

You're right, squad is great but Poyet needs to give width to the team and be far more positive. Let the opposition worry about us not the other way round.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
They are really big games for us now but there is a long way to go and many points available. This division is also very competitive. If we were in the play off position there would still be much work to be done.

We need to keep cool (not do a Barnes as per yesterday) be secure and look to take advantage when the opporunity comes. That is not be wasteful. I would like 6 points but to get 4 from those games against two challenging sides would be acceptable. We have a new striker and a new centre back to bed in and our goalkeeper does not seem to be having the best of times at the moment. This is the core of our team and it is a bit worrying. Whilst Ulloa brings new and differing skill to the team he will not be producing that CMS can. Fans will need to be patient.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They are really big games for us now but there is a long way to go and many points available. This division is also very competitive. If we were in the play off position there would still be much work to be done.

We need to keep cool (not do a Barnes as per yesterday) be secure and look to take advantage when the opporunity comes. That is not be wasteful. I would like 6 points but to get 4 from those games against two challenging sides would be acceptable. We have a new striker and a new centre back to bed in and our goalkeeper does not seem to be having the best of times at the moment. This is the core of our team and it is a bit worrying. Whilst Ulloa brings new and differing skill to the team he will not be producing that CMS can. Fans will need to be patient.

Are you Poyet? I don't want us to be secure/safe I want us to be positive, take the game to the opposition let them worry about us. At the moment, especially away, we set up so negatively but are still conceding. We start slowly and haven't won a game from being behind for so long its becoming tedious. Poyet needs to up his game instead of making excuses for his love child.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
We played well against Hull last time and i think we are getting much better as a team as the season has gone on. I think the CMS/ Ulloa partnership could be something special and with a big home following they could really be up for these two games. Another week means everyone is feeling a bit fitter so we can have more competition for places and possibly see Bruno, Buckley and Vicente utilized in the starting line-up. 6 points are up for grabs and there is nothing that means we cannot get the maximum, if the players know we need to points it could be there time to step up to the plate and get them. Hopefully see another loss and draw for boro and then we will be in the top 6.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Win them both... Confidence back up around the club

Then lose away to Cardiff and draw at home to Burnley in the following two games to land up 5pts adrift of the playoffs again

It's the Brighton way !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here