Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 4 2

We can certainly play 3-5-2. But it will mean dropping Leon, as at West Ham.

Toad, I disagree that because both Virgs and Big Mac are taller than Leon and both are good in the air, that means they are both similar players. They have differing strengths, Virgs is quicker and better at running on to through balls, Big Mac is better with his back to goal, holding the ball.

They have already peformed a better partnership with each other than either did with Leon.

They key to the next team selection will be Chippy. We can revert back to 3-5-2 and play the solid middle 3 of Chippy, Charlie and Alexis/Hammond, or we can give Leon another chance in the 4-4-2 to show that he is good enough to repeat what he did against Sunderland and with the cross that beat Millwall.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
We can certainly play 3-5-2. But it will mean dropping Leon, as at West Ham.

Or playing him up front, as at Spurs, Sheffield United, Forest ...

I've yet to see anything that suggests Virgo and McCammon can play together. To be honest, though, I don't care who of our front 4/5 play there as long as we ditch this hopeless formation.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
How can you compare the defensive errors of Wigan/Plymouth with Reading/Coventry? Do you REALLY believe we defended badly in those last two games ???

Thje team went 7 unbeaten with 3 5 2

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Knight has to go back up front for me. Id have him alongside McCammon and Id get Virgo in Defence. We have to stop conceding Goals!!!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But Virgo is the only one who can score..... El Abd third centre bakc maybe?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I agree... Jones or Cox are very unlikely to get starts I think...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Leon's crossing was crap on Saturday. His corners and his crosses all seemed to end up in the arms of the Coventry goalie ... except for the first corner which failed to clear the first Coventry defender. A lot of missed opportunities ...

KinkyGoebels said:
Thje team went 7 unbeaten with 3 5 2

Are you under the impression we got the clean sheet at Loftus Road playing 3-5-2? Wrong. 4-4-2.

I seem to recall the draw at Molineux was achieved with some kind of unusual diamond formation. I can't honestly be bothered to check if you've got any of the others wrong too.

Kinky, if I was you, I'd really do my homework before coming on here and posting rubbish stats.

The fact is McGhee has alternated formations according to the various demands of the teams we face and the playing resources he has available at the time. He will continue to do so, and will not fall into the trap of your narrow one-size-fits-all approach to formations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here