Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

34 years ago today.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
What a great day that must have been. No real loss to the world..

In the big scheme of thing, no one persons death is a great loss to the world.
Even if you did not like his public image or his "music*" hardly any call to wish him dead and claim it to be a great day.
Did you really dislike him so much you wished him dead?

* i use the term loosely.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
You can visit Sid's ashes if you go to Heathrow airport - his mum accidentally dropped his urn on the tarmac and the wind blew them across the airport.

It may have been terminal 2 lounge and they went into the air conditioning I've heard both stories

That is actually a myth made up by JR and since owned up to be lies, they are in fact on Nancy's grave In Philadelphia at Sid's request, although had to be done under the cover of night illegally as Nancy's family refused permission for it to be done.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
That is actually a myth made up by JR and since owned up to be lies, they are in fact on Nancy's grave In Philadelphia at Sid's request, although had to be done under the cover of night illegally as Nancy's family refused permission for it to be done.

They are both supposed to be myths aren't they? I thought the airport one came from his mum who admitted it in an interview?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
In the big scheme of thing, no one persons death is a great loss to the world.
Even if you did not like his public image or his "music*" hardly any call to wish him dead and claim it to be a great day.
Did you really dislike him so much you wished him dead?

* i use the term loosely.

Probably right was a bit strong but couldn't stand the bloke. You are right though shouldn't wish any one that!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The late great Sid Vicious was carried out of Michelle Robinson's apartment on Bank st' New York on a stretcher 34yrs ago today.

God bless you and RIP John Beverly.

Late yes,but great no.You are having a laugh.Druggy loser.
Even I was young in 1979 and thought he was a dickhead then and still do!

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
As much as I love the Pistols' music I find it hard to find anything 'great' about Sid. He was chosen to replace Glen Matlock because 'he looked good' and was neither a talented singer or bass player. Yes, it was sad that another life was lost to drugs too soon but lets not glamorise it.

Perfectly put Tweenster

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Worst bass 'player' ever.

I saw a documentary claiming he never actually even played on stage, because he couldn't play. Just stood on stage, while someone(can't remember his name) stood at the side of the stage and played the bass, out of sight..What a loss to society he was!!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That is a fair point, "we",(fellow punk people) have debated this many many times over the years.
He would not have moved in any way as the other members have, but just lived off being "Sid".

smelly

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I won't criticise other people's taste in music but for me a vastly more significant anniversary is today - 54 years since Buddy Holly was killed. Hit after hit after hit and still recognised and remembered over half a century after his career ended in a plane crash with the Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens. The extraordinary thing is that the period between his first hit and his death was less than 18 months. Rave On, Peggy Sue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here