Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] 34 custard creams

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
To be honest, I'm jealous. Give him a pat on the back from me but also with a word of warning. It all starts going downhill at 28. Thats when it hits the fan. Gently apply the breaks now before having to slam them on.

I used to get away with that behaviour, now I just have to think about the idea of looking at a biscuit still in its wrapper and I seem to put on a kilo and undo the benefits of 2 weeks running.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I could demolish that many in 10 mins no problem.

And yes, I am a fat *******.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
After cycling back from the dismal Chelsea game a few weeks back, which took about an hour and a quarter, i bought an on-sale 3-pack of white chocolate and cookies Magnums. I arrived home, thinking i'll nibble through one per day. Of course, about an hour went by and all 3 had been necked/jowled. I'm a bit allergic to milk, but the gluttonous bargain-hunting Meade said what the chubby heck, and rather enjoyed it. No one was here to stop me. I think that was the main thing. The correctly judgemental eyes of others peering elsewhere.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My son in law has just confessed to me that he has just eaten 34 custard creams in a short scoff up. Just over 2000 calories. He is 27 and not overweight. They were 36p down from 44p in Morrisons....

I’d like some sort of response from NSC.

I've been known to go through a triple pack of Jaffa Cakes (36 in total) in one sitting. It's fine.

My other response would be: at just over 1p a biscuit, that's a bargain!

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Like The Clamp, I can’t have any crap in the house. I’ve gone through those custard cream or bourbon 36 double family packs in minutes and am still looking around for more. 200g bar of chocolate goes in equally quick time. I literally have to be on the point of feeling sick before I’ll stop. It’s like being a heroin addict, just without the heroin. Not an ounce of fat on me, god knows how furred up the arteries are though. A rabid sweet tooth runs in the family.

Bourbons, thats my weakness, well, loads of other stuff as well, but a pack of Bourbons are gone after the very next cuppa.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bourbons, thats my weakness, well, loads of other stuff as well, but a pack of Bourbons are gone after the very next cuppa.

Mrs Q got me some ginger nuts the other day and I let slip that although she has been buying them for me for 30 odd years they were not my favourite....... but Bourbon were.
“Not your favourites” she practically screamed at me....
“If you have been lying about your favourite biscuit then what else have you lied to me about”

F..ucking menopause.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
If he was any sort of a MAN he would have downed a packet of JACOBS CREAM CRACKERS.

Now that, would be impressive.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The trick to resisting the temptation of eating the entire packet, be that in my case biscuits, bombay mix, tortilla crisps or chocolate, is to pre-ration before settling down.

Rather than consume any of the above straight from the packet or box I take the precautionary policy of placing a pre-set ration on a plate or in a bowl, which in my case is 3 biscuits or 2 chocolates or a single bowl of tortilla crisps or bombay mix, and then immediately return the packet to the cupboard before settling down. Do not under any circumstances take the packet with you.

This generally works to good effect on the basis that if you are enough of a slob to devour a whole packet of one of the above in one sitting you will also be too much of a slob, once settled down, to take the effort to get up again, to walk to the cupboard to get another helping once you have devoured the contents of your plate.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm 27 and I also have a penchant for occasional binge eating - sweet, savoury, salty, my food, housemates' food... once I made millionaire's shortbread and ended up noshing an entire can of condensed milk. I go to free buffet lunches at work just to help myself to several portions of finger food. And then afterwards I always regret it, but it just tastes so good. Mercifully I am toned, with a BMI of 23, thanks to daily gym sessions and sports. I'll probably pay big-time when I turn 30. Gulp.

Anyway, in answer to the OP, no your son in law is not alone. Just some food for thought there.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
My wife and kids went to Edinburgh last week for a few days and I basically just spent every evening raiding the fridge and cupboards eating anything and everything that wasn't nailed down. Jar of open gherkins that haven't been touched for a couple of years? That'll do nicely, now where are those stale, broken cream crackers I just saw? It was madness. I seriously reckon that if I lived on my own I'd be a Channel Five documentary within six months.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Apologies for off topic, but hey, I'm going to live a little ...

.... I avoid all processed meat, which can be a bind as I use to love a pie, bacon buttie, hot dog, burger etc etc. The other day I opened one of those packs of frankfurters to make the boys a lunch time snack before heading to the Amex. (*Apparently you can eat before you arrive at the stadium if you don't like the food, service or cost of it!).

Well I'd guess there's 12 in a pack and they looked fantastic in a crusty roll. I ate the bloody lot, the boys had ham and cheese rolls and I destroyed the packaging evidence!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here