Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 32 years ago this very night………

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
David Beckham made his Manchester United debut as a second half substitute against the Albion in the League Cup at The Goldstone.

Where in the ground did you watch it from?

I was sat in the West 👍⚽
The East near the Man U fans.
Gleefully chanting “who the fcking hell are you “ at David Beckham.
I can confirm I am now familiar with who he is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
West stand terrace, a few yards behind the Albion dugout.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
To the right of the goal in the north.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Unusually, having arrived very close to kick off, I was at the back of the North.

Beckham came on and we equalised about 20 seconds later, and at the end of the celebration I found myself half way down the North Stand!
Best crowd surf I’ve ever had at a match 😂

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In the North Stand, slightly to the left of the goal, about two thirds up (at least that's where I usually stood).

I remember those mid-week games at the Goldstone, when I used to get the train back to London from Hove station with work the next day. Knackered, usually cold and usually miserable after we'd lost 1-0 to Barnsley or whoever. I swear in those days I was one of the very few fans doing that. Now there are loads of Albion fans who travel back to London. Bloody JCLs!

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
East terrace - Could only get tickets for the away end for this one.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes.

“Who the f***ing hell are you?“ … we sang in unison to the unknown youth making his debut because we were all mature fans and considerate of his feelings in that moment.
Nevet got the question answered either.

Who was he?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
East stand wanker back in those days, with a foray into the North every 3 games or so just for the surges. Oh I miss the days of pay on the day, go where you felt like on the day. Hate the new squeezed-together seats we have nowadays (even though I've gotten old and need the sit down).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The first few highlight clips in that video have "The North Stand Greatest Hits" as a sound track... so nostalgic remembering that place and the way the chants atmosphere generated from fans who wanted to do it being tightly packed in together in a smaĺl central space...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here