Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

31st October deadline adhered to?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
In terms of "leaks" the government should take this public enquiry as a blueprint for all it's other secrets that do get out! Seems to be pretty effective, more so with a publically announced decision deadline

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
How about looking at this from a different angle. We cant get any info from ODPM. But surely the club need to announce this in fashion. i.e at a Press Conference etc. These need to be booked etc in advance. So has the Grand or Metropole been booked by the club. If it has when. That should give an idea when the announcement will be made.

I suppose that the club could receive notice later tomorrow pm and announce it in style on the pitch prior to Ipswich. But thats tempting a pitch invasion either because of mass celebration or to a no with the goal posts coming down.

Cant believe it will be Monday. Still the head of media at ODPM could be a Palace fan?

DIFFBROOK said:
How about looking at this from a different angle. We cant get any info from ODPM. But surely the club need to announce this in fashion. i.e at a Press Conference etc. These need to be booked etc in advance. So has the Grand or Metropole been booked by the club. If it has when. That should give an idea when the announcement will be made.

I suppose that the club could receive notice later tomorrow pm and announce it in style on the pitch prior to Ipswich. But thats tempting a pitch invasion either because of mass celebration or to a no with the goal posts coming down.

Cant believe it will be Monday. Still the head of media at ODPM could be a Palace fan?
My source Pete the cab has said all along"top Brighton hotel booked for friday"

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
DIFFBROOK said:

Getting a suite at short notice would not be a problem for the club but i think that any press release will be at Falmer :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I can't imagine we will have a press conference at a top brighton hotel at all ?? WTF we're not Real Madrid and this isn't the signing of a galatico

This is a f** kin important moment which will define our future.
A yes is fundamental and absolutely major .... but its the begining of a hell of a lot of work.

I expect Dick Knight will be on TV in the boot room ;)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The club would announce it via a press release as soon as they had read and digested the letter. I bet that would take about half an hour from the courier dropping off the letter to the announcement being on news wires/websites etc.

Dick Knight must have enough chums at Brighton hotels to get him a conference room at short notice.

I seriously don't think the club know anything, and if they did, I don't think they'd keep it from us for any length of time at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here