Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3000+ALBION FANS and.....(The atmos was crap) +its all going wrong.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Atmospheres can change depending on many things:

(1) In the promotion season (I'm sure you don't need to be reminded which one ;) ) we took about 3,000 odd to QPR and some in the home ends - which they also did at our place - and the atmosphere was top.

(2) For some big games, we'll sell out the entire allocation straight away for 3,000 to 4,000, like West Brom, Pompey last season, Derby last season, and yet there's no noise because all the non-usual away fans go for the big games. And they create feck all noise, as you'll probably know from your trips up to the MadStad.

(3) Sometimes for the likes of Ipswich, West Brom, Walsall, Peterborough (quality away end) we'll take around 1,500 and make 10 times more noise than the 3-4000 mentioned in (2).

Best scenario is obviously (1), but if you ask most of our fans they'll prefer (3) over (2) by an absolute mile. I didn't have a prayer of getting West Ham tickets this year but the atmosphere was shite because it was all the ones who got in early, rather than the ones who always go to the away games.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Have to agree with largie and crabtree on this one .The support at loftus rd on saturday was fantastic, even qpr supporters acknowledged this on the train home.Which brings me onto another point , how come there are so many qpr supporters living in sussex, I was on the eastbourne/worthing train and there were quite a few especially in the worthing carriages

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here