Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3000+ALBION FANS and.....(The atmos was crap) +its all going wrong.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Ok granted conceding an early goal knocked the stuffing out of the fans,But this never used to happen,We would normally break out into song after conceding.

Im getting quite worried about everything,maybe its just me
,All of my concerns below are answerable but this doesnt take away the fact there happning.

1) Struggling to get 6000+ at home

2) Weve lost all or creative players in the summer + to even that out brought in 1 permanant (leon)

3) were loaning players out aswell,in the space of one week we lost.... rehman,yeates and pethick (loaned)

4) Our away attendances arnt what they used to be (with the exeption of qpr+notts c) peter fc was the worst ive seen in years

5) The fans @away games have lost that edge

6) Finacially were in turmoil

I know all answers are falmer,But its a horrible thought that 1 fat bloke from leeds has our entire future in his fat hands!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I was over on the right side and heard hardly anywhere near the atmos we used to create.

You might have been singing to yourself?:nono:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
i was upper tier on the right and it was fine, went abit quiet after 2-0 but it picked up again when we scored.

At times I could hear two different Albion songs going on, thats the trouble with two shitty tiers, its hard to coordinate a good sing-song!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
1. Done to death that argument.

2. Er... what creative players? There is a rose tinted view about Paul Brooker - he was only good for about half a season with us. Other than that, the players weren't ours in the fist place. Is a club with little to spend (which is most of them) going to buy money it doesn't have on players they can't guarantee will deliver the goods?

3. Rehmann and Yeates aren't ours. Their clubs want them back, and they are not prepared to sell, even if we could afford it. Are you sure about Pethick?

4. The numbers can't always be going up. We are not the team we were, so fewer turn up.

5. Bollocks.

6. We always have been in some turmoil, but we are in the best shape financially since the Mike Bamber days of the mid 70s. No urgent debts, no bailiffs seeking blood, no inland revenue seeking closure.

We have a squad which has kept us in the top eight ALL season. Not bad for a club waiting to go to the next stage...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I went to QPR a couple of seasons ago and there is a problem there with getting the singing in sync!

Can't wait to go to Bristol as the atmosphere you can get there is defening! Hopefully we'll be going for play-off places when we get there!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
byf said:
Ok granted conceding an early goal knocked the stuffing out of the fans,But this never used to happen,We would normally break out into song after conceding.
future in his fat hands!

A difficult ground to get an atmosphere in. Two tiers doesn't help, nor does being made to sit in allocated seats.

We were right on the right and there were a lot of us singing, but I expect people in the middle couldn't hear us.

Originally posted by byf 3) were loaning players out aswell,in the space of one week we lost.... rehman,yeates and pethick (loaned)

I thought Zesh Rehamn was shit?

It's a shame Yeates has gone back, especially as we are without Jones and Piercy, but I would rather see Hammond play than Rehman.

Pethick was not going to help us. We have plenty of options at right back and centre back. He's off at the end of the season and he's now off the wage bill.

Originally posted by byf
4) c) peter fc was the worst ive seen in years

I thought Peter FC had an outstanding game.
:jester:

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We sung them down after they'd scored their first goal and were in good voice after their second, it's hard to get singing when you are 2 down too.

Second half we were louder than them and there was 14,000 more of them.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I couldn't sit near any of my friends. I was stuck with my nan and auntie. They're hardly going to sing out loud. I thought it was a good atmosphere considering allocated seats, two tiers, 2-0 down..

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Plum!

No worries with the singing where I was - even the 6 year old in front was raining down expletives on the linesman. Then asked his dad what "Lino you f*cking w@nker"! meant.... cue red face on my part, and angry parent wanting to add purple bruises and a black eye to the mix...

Blimmin lino...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The Large One said:
1. Done to death that argument.

2. Er... what creative players? There is a rose tinted view about Paul Brooker - he was only good for about half a season with us. Other than that, the players weren't ours in the fist place. Is a club with little to spend (which is most of them) going to buy money it doesn't have on players they can't guarantee will deliver the goods?

3. Rehmann and Yeates aren't ours. Their clubs want them back, and they are not prepared to sell, even if we could afford it. Are you sure about Pethick?

4. The numbers can't always be going up. We are not the team we were, so fewer turn up.

5. Bollocks.

6. We always have been in some turmoil, but we are in the best shape financially since the Mike Bamber days of the mid 70s. No urgent debts, no bailiffs seeking blood, no inland revenue seeking closure.

We have a squad which has kept us in the top eight ALL season. Not bad for a club waiting to go to the next stage...

1) I shall tell you wht creative players you moron.
paul brooker offered more going foward than jones,rehman,piercy,harding. So he is a massive loss to this football club.

All people saw with brooker was him losing the ball and have short memories,If a player has the bottle to take on players,then you must accept he's gonna lose out some times,I think he was quality and miss him lots!

also mr large one irrelevant of whether creative player are ours they were still at the club,ie sidwell and lewis and inguimarson,who havent been replaced with any 1 of relevance.

And super bob,Now there the creative players.

2) irrlevant of were not the team we were,its still happning

3) Oh number 5 is bollox is it? So were you @ peterboro fc?
Were you @ swindon,Atmos was pants!

4) So were better off now are we,than when we in div 1 or last time we were in div 2,weve got now less quality players hense less wages being payed,lower gates,a worse manager,players who arnt up for it!
wages not getting paid ,stage coach moaning,WHEN AND SAY WHEN MR LARGE 1 HAS THIS HAPPEND IN THE LAST 3 YRS?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
byf said:

3) Oh number 5 is bollox is it? So were you @ peterboro fc?
Were you @ swindon,Atmos was pants!

well you said the QPR atmos was crap and yet it bltantly was'nt so I cant believe you about the Peterborough/Swindon matches...yet again you are talking complete trash :wave:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Too be honest I couldnt care less what you believe,Ive been to the majority of away games over the past four years and that wasnt up with the albion standards weve come to expect.

And as for peterboro fc,you obviosly wernt there,Because that was a joke!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I can only assume that byf slipped into some different version of reality during the Swindon and QPR games, because the atmosphere generated by the Albion faithful was fantastic for both. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the Peterborough game though, 'cos I wasn't there.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know what you expect mate. The atmosphere at Swindon was pretty good i thought.

It could have been better at Peterborough but it was still okay.

On saturday we were LOUD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here