Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

30 years today: Nottingham Forest 0 Brighton 1, 17/11/79

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I remember that result - what a day! One of the highlights of that season for me was when, following an injury crisis, our centre back pairing was an old hoofer on loan from a third division's reserve team (Peter Suddaby) and a youngster hardly out of nappies at the time (Gary Stevens) - and didn't they do bloody well?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I was there, remember Peter Suddaby making his debut, think it was also Tony Woodcocks last game for Forest and we broke their long running undefeated home record. We were seperated from the Forest fans by a fenced off area and I remember some really goofy Forest twat standing right up to the fence gobbing off at us who was immediately treated to several chorus's of "Does your dentist know you're here", :laugh:
Happy days!

:clap2:

And what was the penalty like? Did John Robertson miss or was it a save?
I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it happened late in the match

I can't remember the penalty just the clock. Weren't we standing in the corner of the ground ?
If we were, then that would account for people saying they were at one end whilst I recall watching from the side.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was there, remember the penalty it was more of a weather induced miss, from memory it went along the ground and stuck in the mud at the river end and Moseley dived on it. The clock appeared to stay at 5 minutes remaining for a least 15.

Here's the scoreboard. We're still winning!

Attachments

• forestscoreboard.jpg
    forestscoreboard.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 32

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Great pic GR, is it your own?

I doubt if anyone has a recording of the full League Cup tie as shown courtesy of British Rail, although some wealthy person with a ridiculosly expensive Betamax VCR may have recorded the highlights which I believe were on ITV that night.

Afraid not my own photo. I was only 1 and a half at the time! Just scanned the pic from the John Vinicombe book 'Super Seagulls'.

Yes, a real shame the recordings do not seem to be around. All the home games in 1979/80 were recorded by John King Films but no one can find them :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here