Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 30,305

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's been a long wait so 146,075, unless JBizzle's mum isn't going, if so 146,074.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
29k ish will be announced. The club would have wanted to set an Amex record but the reality will be more like 23k for all the reasons already given. I don't care because I will be there with my son and our players will be on the pitch. Pie and a pint, chat with the usual suspects. Weather looking ok. Fantastic. UTA!

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
29k ish will be announced. The club would have wanted to set an Amex record but the reality will be more like 23k for all the reasons already given. I don't care because I will be there with my son and our players will be on the pitch. Pie and a pint, chat with the usual suspects. Weather looking ok. Fantastic. UTA!

You reckon there will be 8,000 empty seats? ???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Pretendance (if tickets that don’t re-sell on the exchange are included): 30,950

Actual attendance: 28k or so.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Call me a pessimist but I'm kind of expecting our lowest turnout in an unrestricted game for some years.

Mixture of reasons: some people on holiday, the cost and aggravation of sharing season tickets as opposed to the traditional "I'll drop my card through your letterbox", maybe some residual nervousness about being in a crowd or on a train, the fact it's Watford and not a big six opponent, the fact it's a Saturday night in August and some people will be at weddings or other family events ...

Could very easily be very wrong of course but I won't be surprised if there are more empty seats than we're used to.

There will be more empty seats perhaps than usual because there's hardly any empty seats. PL games nearly always sell out and the number of no shows is always over exaggerated especially on NSC where there's 10x more chat about empty seats and who isn't going and the reasons for that - all understandable given Covid/holidays/etc - than the 99% who will be there and can't wait.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Pretendance (if tickets that don’t re-sell on the exchange are included): 30,950

Actual attendance: 28k or so.

Unfortunately there will be loads more than that that don't sell on the exchange. It's mid august, covid, the sharing scheme combined with ID issues, he's goals will show it HD, and it's Watford....

Btw I jointly topped the score predictor last season and had us 2 1 v burnley last week so my Crystal ball is fully functioning. I even got near to topping your potter's pick prediction league last season hugo but missed a few weeks... I am considering opening a tarot reading stall at the pier too.

My eyes have also been working for the last decade at the amex and our attendance figures are a joke.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pretendance 30,325
Actual attendance 22,252

I remember some time ago getting the figures for actual attendance for the first few games and it was regularly 7-8,000 short during the summer holidays. Add in Covid and the cost of transferring a season ticket seat and I think we will see a significant number of empty seats on Saturday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If my wife finds a decent hotel in Salisbury that isn’t stupid money, take 1 off your estimate! Otherwise bloody long drive to Cornwall on Sunday!!!!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Pretendance 30,325
Actual attendance 22,252

I remember some time ago getting the figures for actual attendance for the first few games and it was regularly 7-8,000 short during the summer holidays. Add in Covid and the cost of transferring a season ticket seat and I think we will see a significant number of empty seats on Saturday.

Assuming nearly all of Watford turn up and their allocation is a sell out) and the non season ticket holders make the effort (well you’d assume they’ve not bought a ticket if they’re on holiday) - are we really saying more than a third of season ticket holders - after 18 months of no football ! - are staying at home. 8000 of them !!!

You’d imagine from dozens of NSC threads in the last month or so that most ST holders cough up their £6/700 and then never actually go to a game (they’re always trying to share it with friends not keen on being members, protesting at some mundane thing Barbers introduced, on holiday, at a wedding or deliberately leaving their seat empty).

Of course there will be some no shows on Saturday - it’s Watford !, on TV, COVID , the holidays - but 8000 ! - probably not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here