3 trialists?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oooh... how exciting!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Step in the right direction (assuming we sign at least one of them and they improve the squad)

Any idea who?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Well they can't be very good if almost a month into the season they haven't got a club yet, the time for trialists is the summer break.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Have we ever had a player "on trial" turn out to be a decent signing?

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Was he really a triallist with us? I thought he was a pretty well rated lower league player at the time, wouldn't have thought he'd need to be sniffing around for trials.

Thought he was. Apparently spent two weeks on trial at Peterborough before us but was not signed because Barry Fry didn't think he was any good

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
What I don't understand is why we sign these players on trial and don't give them a fair chance in the 1st team.
Turienzo and the like must have had something about them but only made a handful of apperiences.
So what chance do they have of getting used to the way the team plays and also the difference in the pace of the game etc.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
What I don't understand is why we sign these players on trial and don't give them a fair chance in the 1st team.
Turienzo and the like must have had something about them but only made a handful of apperiences.
So what chance do they have of getting used to the way the team plays and also the difference in the pace of the game etc.

Because the manager gets to see how shit they are all week long in training not just for the few minutes they come on as sub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here