Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 points today see's us promoted?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
is this true, just heard that they said it on Soccer AM.

anybody confirm this?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No no NO

9 pts will guarantee it (assuming the others keep winning)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Nope, Saints have games in hand so could still technically catch us, even if they lose and we win

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
yes you didnt read it right,

PROMOTION

not champions? :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A win today means that we are probably in the play offs on goal difference but SCC and Huddersfield can still overtake us if we lose all of our remaining games after today and they win theirs.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
So a soccer am fail?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
A win for us today, and Huddersfield getting beaten at Tranmere, means we will win automatic promotion with a win at home next Saturday. If all other results go against us, we need 9 points to guarantee Championship footy at Falmer.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
oh my fault then i heard it wrong

sorry team! :blush:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
3 Wins will definitely get us promoted. In reality 2 will do. One may even be enough.

At this stage, it's not so much how many wins we get, it's how many points the others drop - and when.

Huddersfield have 7 more games to play. If they lose 2 of them, we only need one more win to finish ahead of them. If Peterborough lose 1 game and draw 1, they will finish behind us. The rest would be out of the running with just one defeat.

Apart from us, no-one has achieved more than five wins on the trot in this division this season. And everyone has at least 7 more games to play.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A win today will guarantee us a play off place(as will a draw and leyton orient failing to win). A win coupled with defeat for peterborough will guarantee us a top three position. By my maths the soonest we can get promoted is next saturday against sheff wed. Which is also the soonest we can win the title, too. But that would need Southampton to get no more than two points in their next three games(unlikely but possible- m.k dons at home, charlton at home, leyton orient away).

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
In reality a win today WILL see us promoted because the way the others are dropping points (P'boro last night a prime example) means 86 points (which I've always maintained) will see us promoted as 92 WILL see us Chamions as SSC will undoubtably drop points . If I am wrong please feel free bounce this post and make me look a twat!

The others have all been so inconsistant all season why do folk think they will suddenly win all their remaining games?

It's in the bag I tell ya! :amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here