Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How bloody FICKLE can so-called supporters be?! You'd have thought they'd won the sodding Champions League when they beat us a couple of weeks ago: & now they're calling for the Manager's bonce! Silly, silly, whippet worriers. :lolol:

sounds a bit like NSC to me :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All message boards are the same.

There are reasonable, rational people, and then there are the knee-jerk ones for whom every win is a sure sign of impending promotion, and every defeat a hastening of the manager's inevitable sacking.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
sounds a bit like NSC to me :lol:

How right you are Mr SOG, but even our mega-eejits would be hard-pressed to come up with this quality slice of logic to get shot of our manager:-

"Clark is using us as a stepping stone to get to the promised land.
Clark needs to go. FACT."

:clap2:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Sorry to be a bit miserable but a) I think considering Sheff Wed is a bit misleading. We're essentially 4 points clear of the next team at the moment, since Charlton have played the same amount of games as us and are only 1 point behind Sheff Wed and b) how far we are ahead is really irrelevant unless our form improves. I know that's stating the obvious, but it seems as though a lot of people are looking at our point gap decreasing but thinking "wow we're still top". Regardless of other results we will not be top for very long if we don't start winning soon!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sorry to be a bit miserable but a) I think considering Sheff Wed is a bit misleading. We're essentially 4 points clear of the next team at the moment, since Charlton have played the same amount of games as us and are only 1 point behind Sheff Wed and b) how far we are ahead is really irrelevant unless our form improves. I know that's stating the obvious, but it seems as though a lot of people are looking at our point gap decreasing but thinking "wow we're still top". Regardless of other results we will not be top for very long if we don't start winning soon!
Indeed.

It's good that we still have some gap after our slight dip and lack of games, but tomorrow we could be 1 point clear with no games in hand.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I'm not sure we've had a complete slump in form. Missed pens and poor finishing. At times we've played as well as at any point this season but not had the rub of the green. Not convinced that our form is as bad as many appear to believe. Just needs one or two things to click and we're back on track against any side in this division.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How bloody FICKLE can so-called supporters be?! You'd have thought they'd won the sodding Champions League when they beat us a couple of weeks ago: & now they're calling for the Manager's bonce! Silly, silly, whippet worriers. :lolol:

Spot on. It's quite funny how much they gloated after winning their cup final vs us

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think too many of us are focusing too much on the team that's second. We're not even half way through the season (in terms of games played) it's too early to be so fixated on the title and top spot. I will be amazed if we stay top for every game from now until the end of the season. It's almost inevitable that we will drop down to second or lower at some stage but going on our obsession with how many points clear of second we are I can't help but think that too many of us are going to treat it as a disaster. It won't be. At this stage of the season we should be looking to achieve our minimum target first and then move on to the next targets. For me, that means securing a play-off spot first, then automatic and then, hopefully, the title. As it stands we're three points clear of second with two games in hand but only six clear of third with no games in hand. Yes, no-ones caught us in first yet, but the whole pack has got closer. That's what we've got to keep an eye on at the moment, not the points between first and second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here