Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 Cup exits in one week

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I hate to say it but I have a feeling this is what we will be discussing this time next week.

Didn't something similar happen last year ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Glass half full person are you?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have to say I wouldn’t be pissed off in the slightest if we went out of the cup on Saturday. We are playing catch up in the league and we won’t be able to field a strong team. Mickey should focus on the League and the JPT I know it’s a two bob cup but it’s easily winnable.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
without wanting to lose 3 games in a week think it would be a blessing in disguise.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Saturday. Albion 1-1 Hartlepool

Tuesday. Albion 2-0 Swindon

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sat will be a tough game,wed should be a win, so no there isn't going to be 3 exits in 1 week.

... but it won't happen anyway... we have a decent chance on Saturday and a good chance of a win on Wednesday against Sweden.

Is the Swindon match on Tuesday or Wednesday, next week?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I seem to remember a few years ago at the Goldstone we went out of three cups in one week. It was something to do with the LDV paint zenith van shield being in groups and so when we lost the League Cup and FA Cup ties and someone like Swindon won their group match the same week, we were out of that too.

There'll be some statto on here who can give you all the details.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I hate to say it but I have a feeling this is what we will be discussing this time next week.

Didn't something similar happen last year ?

Well the same thing happened in Jan 07 & 08, got knocked out of both fa cup and st johnstones paint

Brighton 2-0 Hartlepool
Brighton 2-1 Swindon

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we will win both of the cup games winning breeds confidence for the league which is obviously more important. Would still like to get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup with a chance of a big club.

I would assume that if Coventry are not allowing Kevin Thornton to play for us, although we have signed him for another month, they will not allow Kevin Kyle to play for Hartlepool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here