Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£3.70 for a bottle of fosters!!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Harveys up to £3.90, pies were £3.80 in Dicks, £3.90 on East concourse. Heineken £4 in Dicks

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I notice it is £7.50 for a pie and pint now. Gone up a quid. Getting steep that now

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Count yourselves all lucky! You could have been playining £4.30 for warm flat bottles at the Olympic park!!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I had to go down to a bar on the beach after the game (the one near the doughnut) and the only bitted was old Speckled hen.
That came in a bottle, so not a full pint.
That cost £4.bloody 60p

Only stayed for the one.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Do you know, I'm not sure ? But with all these people saying they will no longer drink at the stadium and would go to the pub instead, it must mean the local boozers are going to be busier.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So apart from the service, the prices and the food Azure are doing a fine job?....:lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Need to get used to this with Barber around

What on earth does it have to do with Barber? He's nothing to do with Azure, they set the prices, they are reeling from last seasons disaster when they got pretty much everything wrong, they need to try and make some of their losses back. Sadly they can try to do this at our expense, but please don't blame someone who has nothing to do with it. Barber is one of the most astute and capable people in football today, and he works for the Albion, for this we should be grateful, not critical. He's hardly got his feet under the table yet. If he had anything to do with the Chelsea game, then he did well, he sold it out, if he had anything to do with STs, well they are through the roof.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What on earth does it have to do with Barber? He's nothing to do with Azure, they set the prices.

The club must have some say in the pricing surely?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What on earth does it have to do with Barber? He's nothing to do with Azure, they set the prices, they are reeling from last seasons disaster when they got pretty much everything wrong, they need to try and make some of their losses back.

I've no interest in any Barber debate but I fail to see how your statement above can be correct.

We have been told time and time again how forecasts were for each Amex match day to see 6 pints, 3 pies, 2 burgers and a Mars Bar to be sold to punters but, in fact, 784,211 pints, 89,234 pies and lots of stuff have been sold.

If actual sales have exceeded forecasts by such a magnitude, how can Azure have booked a loss?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've no interest in any Barber debate but I fail to see how your statement above can be correct.

We have been told time and time again how forecasts were for each Amex match day to see 6 pints, 3 pies, 2 burgers and a Mars Bar to be sold to punters but, in fact, 784,211 pints, 89,234 pies and lots of stuff have been sold.

If actual sales have exceeded forecasts by such a magnitude, how can Azure have booked a loss?

I'm very surprised by the price hike. Accepting the "captive audience" argument, the Amex (as we know) is a bit of a senstive eco system in a way and I assumed the competitive pricing had a lot to do with the transport issues. Possibly now the capacity has been increased it isn't deemed an issue ? Possibly this is the solution to the supply issue ? Possibly they are now anticipating fewer sales but with the same profit margin ?

Literally trying to reduce demand ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm very surprised by the price hike. Accepting the "captive audience" argument, the Amex (as we know) is a bit of a senstive eco system in a way and I assumed the competitive pricing had a lot to do with the transport issues. Possibly now the capacity has been increased it isn't deemed an issue ? Possibly this is the solution to the supply issue ? Possibly they are now anticipating fewer sales but with the same profit margin ?

Literally trying to reduce demand ?
Why would there be fewer sales when we have more season ticket holders than last year ?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Funny how a pricing thread can bring out the beer snobs. It's a personal taste thing. I like Fosters and think Harvey's tastes like dishwater. Others prefer Harveys and think Fosters tastes like fizzy gnat's pee. It may not be the price, perhaps it's the price hike. Either way it's obviously making a few think twice about their Amex spending which can't be a good thing.

Wickerman

Aug 24, 2011
Horam
The drink doesn't interest me at all but to put to pies up to £3.90 is really taking the PISS. That was one thing me and my son looked forward to before the game. We shall bring our own stuff in from now on and save a few quid of the course of the season. This is one thing that really pees me off....taking advantage of a captive audience this way. Not on and should be reviewed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here