Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd round draw

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
no point knowing when its on as we might not be in it at this rate!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doubt we'll be in it having thrown away the lead....again

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It's actually being held before this game - yet another degradation of the traditions of this competition by the FA.

I agree one of the best bits of the early rounds, especially the 2nd round, is seeing a non-league team turn over a league 1 team and then all sat around in the dressing room waiting for the draw and going mad when they draw a premiership team.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
I agree one of the best bits of the early rounds, especially the 2nd round, is seeing a non-league team turn over a league 1 team and then all sat around in the dressing room waiting for the draw and going mad when they draw a premiership team.

I think that the organisers would be "going mad" if anybody drew a Premier League team in the 2nd Round as they (and Championship teams) are not included until the 3rd Round.

But surely better than lunchtime on Monday when we are all (most of us?) at work and can't watch / listen to it.

No. Monday lunchtime is the traditional time for the draw and there is even more reason to maintain it with ties being played on Sundays; give the giant-killers time to relish their victory. Televised ? No. The draw should be made by the Challenge Cup committee in the austere setting of FA HQ, not in some studio by ex-players making flippant comments as the ties are being drawn.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No. Monday lunchtime is the traditional time for the draw and there is even more reason to maintain it with ties being played on Sundays; give the giant-killers time to relish their victory. Televised ? No. The draw should be made by the Challenge Cup committee in the austere setting of FA HQ, not in some studio by ex-players making flippant comments as the ties are being drawn.

Agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here