Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd npower test Lords 16th-21st july

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
yer yer, If you followed cricket outside of SkySports news you'd realise what a ridiculous statement that was !!!
I follow cricket outside of SSN, do you?

Moore is not a test player.
Spot on, UB.

Moore's first class average this season:-
Mtchs_ Inns_N.O._Runs_HS__Avg._100_50
__ 6 __12___0___339__107__28.25_1___3

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Another missed opportunity yesterday from England's batsmen. Should have been dominating the test match by being 360 for 3. Poor shots from Bopara, Colly, Prior and Flintoff. Kept a bit low for Cook and KP got a good one but was playing to mid on so made it look better. Faultless from Strauss who picked his balls to hit. Can't help thinking that the likes of Katich, Ponting, Clarke and Hussey will bat like he did and we'll be up against it unless we get 500 somehow today.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think saying Strauss was faultless is a bit strong, it was a great innings but he definitely gave them a few chances. The only dismissals i thought were too bad were Collingwoods and Flintoffs. They can talk on sky about how the Aussies have found Bopora's , Cooks, and Prior's weakness but it still a great balls to get them out, especially Prior

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Not convinved by Prior's shot, too loose for my liking but I'll grant you that it was a decent ball. However, with such a gap between bat and pad, he didn't help himself.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
After a good start, everything kind of fell apart. Hopefully we will up the anti with our lower order batsmen and get more runs to day, if the weather holds.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What is Bell's form like? If I recall, he was gash in the last two series against the Aussies wasn't he?

Hit a ton yesterday, averaging 76 in the CC.

Edit: More to the point he's a bit more mentally strong than Bopara.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not convinved by Prior's shot, too loose for my liking but I'll grant you that it was a decent ball. However, with such a gap between bat and pad, he didn't help himself.

They've worked him out, he really needs to work on that huge gap he leaves. It was a good ball though and out of nowhere.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Can't argue against that, MAX.

Oh wait, you can. He's done f*** all against the Aussies in the past.

Oh right, and Bopara has achieved what exactly? Bopara at 3 and Pieterson at 4 is far too risky as they both play too many shots. We need someone at 3 that can drop anchor and tough it out, I think Bell is more likely to do this than Bopara who doesn't seem to realise that test matches last 5 days.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Blowers attempting to use twitter

35331037.jpg

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
I think Bell should come in for Bopora unless he delivers in the 2nd innings. Bell's gone back and done brilliantly with Warwickshire, which is all that could be asked

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
I would say "Drop him" as a joke but after the serious calls to drop Pietersen I don't think people can tell who's joking anymore

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh right, and Bopara has achieved what exactly? Bopara at 3 and Pieterson at 4 is far too risky as they both play too many shots. We need someone at 3 that can drop anchor and tough it out, I think Bell is more likely to do this than Bopara who doesn't seem to realise that test matches last 5 days.
Ed Joyce anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here