Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

29th January 2011 - Important Because.....................

Top result today.

The earliest date we can now be knocked out of one of the auto promotion spots is 12th February 2011 (this assumes Hudds cant overturn a goal difference of 15 goals in 2 games)

Creeping ever closer to the magical date of 7th May.........

I also belive that by beating Colchester today and Sheff Weds failing to beat a 10 man Yeovil, that neither of these teams can realistically overtake us. Maybe those as far down as Charlton in 8th could still put a run together and topple us, if we hit sticky form..................

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
This is a fantastic analysis... love it!

Sheff Wed now 14 behind us, and SCC are 8.

DREAMLAND

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Top result today.

The earliest date we can now be knocked out of one of the auto promotion spots is 12th February 2011 (this assumes Hudds cant overturn a goal difference of 15 goals in 2 games)

Creeping ever closer to the magical date of 7th May.........

I also belive that by beating Colchester today and Sheff Weds failing to beat a 10 man Yeovil, that neither of these teams can realistically overtake us. Maybe those as far down as Charlton in 8th could still put a run together and topple us, if we hit sticky form..................

Even funnier - 9 man Yeovil - Virgo got sent off too!

There are seasons where it comes down to last days, final matches, to decide who goes top.
We have been in a few - but this season probably won't be one of them.

We 'could' be celebrating promotion weeks before the end of season, we 'could' then possibly celebrate winning league 1,
and then we will have a lovely 'farewell to Withdean' final home match.
Wow, be ready for a few nice party days!!
But - we will have earned it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And if any of that comes true NMH, how great it will be that our last 3 Withdean games ever are against Sheff Weds, Southampton and Huddersfield. 3 chances to LORD it (if it comes to it).

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
And if any of that comes true NMH, how great it will be that our last 3 Withdean games ever are against Sheff Weds, Southampton and Huddersfield. 3 chances to LORD it (if it comes to it).

Flippin' hell. I'd be creaming myself if we could Lord it up against Sheff Weds at home. That would mean we would be at least 22 (yes, twenty-two) points clear of 3rd place as we would have 7 games left to play including the Sheffield game!

Not a great night as its still 12th Feb (which aint far away) and either Hudds or SCC could be the ones to knock us out the top 2. An away win at Brizzle is certaintly needed.

The chasing pack closed in a bit, but dropped points for some other inc Sheff Weds mean those below Charlton surely cannot be regarded as a realistic threat?

Although a point on paper might have seemed a good point gained last night, it was probably the worse night for yonks due to othe results. We have been lucky with other results until now.

Now the date is 19th Feb, day we are at Stoke. It's kinda frustrating that if we did slip up next week, due to the fact we are not playing a week Tuesday or on the 19th, we could actually be 3rd.

However, a win v Hpool should ensure we enter March in an auto promotion place.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Now the date is 19th Feb, day we are at Stoke. It's kinda frustrating that if we did slip up next week, due to the fact we are not playing a week Tuesday or on the 19th, we could actually be 3rd.

However, a win v Hpool should ensure we enter March in an auto promotion place.

Arn't Bournemouth playing Hudds when we are at Stoke so we'll still be top 2 whatever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here