Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 28 years ago tonight

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Mellor was week after, Mansfield was 2 months after ,
Funny what you remember. I can remember so much about the march through Mellor - Wigan fans singing one Billy Archer until the stewards had a word and then they started singing Archer is a wanker, Attila the Stockbroker’s poem, the pub before the march, people handing out eggs and flour (that never got used) and loads more.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Went to all these games, so wanted our efforts to be rewarded. I guess we eventually got the scum out and DK in, and the revelations which did get through to the press meant that we weren’t punished as much as we could have been. It wasn’t crowd trouble, it was legitimate protest.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Funny what you remember. I can remember so much about the march through Mellor - Wigan fans singing one Billy Archer until the stewards had a word and then they started singing Archer is a wanker, Attila the Stockbroker’s poem, the pub before the march, people handing out eggs and flour (that never got used) and loads more.
I must know you , at the Wigan game was on the terricing (beardo wouldn’t let me in the seats) I went over to the Wigan and along the side and told them to turn it in, the stewards had a word and came back to me and apologised

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I must know you , at the Wigan game was on the terricing (beardo wouldn’t let me in the seats) I went over to the Wigan and along the side and told them to turn it in, the stewards had a word and came back to me and apologised
I was in the terracing but not that close to the Wigan fans, just saw the stewards go over and then the Wigan fans’ songs changed.

I was 16 years old at the time and there with my dad.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Totally admit that all these games have blended into one now.

My main memory, and I think it was this game, was that after a demo outside the West Stand, which got a bit nasty, a hundred or so, went out to stop a load of traffic on Shoreham Road, held the north / south cars at the Hove Park Tavern traffic lights and actually started a small fire in the middle of the junction. Cue a load of people lobbing their programs and Gullys eyes (Sorry Lenny it's all I had on me) and anything else which was flammable and signing build a bonfire. Bonfire would describe this effort a bit strongly though

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I had a look at the Build a Bonfire book earlier and you’re on the pitch at the Lincoln match.

As mentioned by yourself and others on this thread, it was the Darlington evening match I was thinking of with the protest outside the West Stand.
Broke my heart on the Thursday in the morning get nicked then in the afternoon having to return my season ticket to bellotti

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
JCL here, how did the club determine back then who had invaded the pitch or otherwise deserved a ban? Video footage?
Video and back then everyone knew everyone I got a pull at school 🤦‍♂️ and bellotti just banned people for speaking out like liz costa got banned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here