Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Husty went to a game?

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
:dunce:
You get a good idea of what sets of fans are making noise on the radio, with the commentators positioned perfectly neutrally in the WSL on the halfway line. The forest fans were louder nearly throughout.

Now, you might not have heard that from your position in the North or the West upper surrounded by Brighton fans but the fact is that 2000 of them made more noise than the rest of the stadium.

:dunce:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
A happy Forest fan - easy when you win but seems genuine...

"The experience of Brighton in itself was that it was a very welcoming city with great respect for travelling away supporters and the fans were great to talk to on the way back to the car. If a club wants to know how to treat away fans, follow Brighton's lead - superb!
The visit to the "Hand in Hand brew pub" was worth the visit on its own, ale brewed on site and for sale at the pub - brilliant!

As an away experience I would give it 10 out of 10."

...and.

"I must say their ground is awesome. Nice to see some human stewards too who didn't mind chatting to few who stopped for a drink after the game. Forest fans just took over the city centre after match. All singing and in good pissed up spirits without and trouble. Great win, great weekend and I hope Brighton get promoted with us so I can do it all again next season. YOOOOU REDS"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You get a good idea of what sets of fans are making noise on the radio, with the commentators positioned perfectly neutrally in the WSL on the halfway line. The forest fans were louder nearly throughout.

Now, you might not have heard that from your position in the North or the West upper surrounded by Brighton fans but the fact is that 2000 of them made more noise than the rest of the stadium.

I sit on the half way line in WSU. And trust me you have caught a bad case of ....... I don't know what the f.uck I,m talking about mate.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Nothing to do with the fact we were playing a very strong side with a severely depleted squad then - or in the case of Burnley with 9 men.

The crowd are a 12 man, but not miracle workers (besides the atmosphere at the Amex really isn't that good)

Well, exactly. The factors you indicate in your first paragraph trump the measly effect of the crowd. Therefore, the crowd are not the '12th man'. In terms of influencing a match, I would sooner actually be able to bring a 12th Albion player on than have a loud crowd...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Depends where the mics are positioned Shirley. Forest fans weren't that loud :shrug:
On the TV highlights they showed us hitting the post about a minute after Forest had scored and the only chant you could hear in the background during the clip was "We are Brighton..."

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Well the radio in this case has let you down. They hardly made a sound in the 1st half at all apart from a couple of clapping spells.
Second half they were better but everyone around me thought they were quiet for a team 3-1 up. In fact in the 85th minute a large group were singing 3-1 and you still don t sing.
Ive heard some good away teams at the amex i just don t think they were that good and i would have to disagree they were even close to out singing us.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This thread could be 11 pages and growing if only we had had flares, crying children & asthma victims !

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247534

We arent idiotic enough to do that and to be fair it seems that 99% of their fans arent stupid enough to do it either.

Really cant see why you have smoke bombs anyway, all it does is pinpoint where easily pleased people are - "Ahhhh looky at the coloury smokey, it all bluey", the people speak something like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here