Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26 years living in Newcastle... and then...

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Loved that story Kosh. I went shopping with pride in my Brighton gear around my local Doncaster tesco this morning. Needless to say the locals were impressed by our performance and for me shopping was not a chore for once.

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
Sitting in my dads local, Heddon on the Wall, last night surrounded by the deluded black and white masses (for that is what they are) was one of the best moments of my Albion supporting life.

The pervading atmosphere was one of silence; the toon army (ahem) just sat there and mustered only mutters with only the occasional ha' way!... surely a testament to our performance! they had half chances sure, but the mood truly reflected what they did not expect... an even contest, and one where Mr Poyet et al. got the luck yes, but tactically won by a country mile.

My disbelief at recent off the pitch events, has been overwhelmed by the on the pitch r...evolution (well done the management and players), they deserve some but not all of the credit.

The Amex looked wonderful and sounded even better, you (those who could be there) did the club proud and somewhat educated the toon army as to the rise of our fantastic club.

One despondent fan uttered (for my benefit I think), "Eye Divant na how we've (sigh) lost that like!" No one agreed.

20 years+ I've waited for last night, to me it meant the world and put right all the NOBO etc. comments I had to endure some years ago whilst proudly wearing my Albion stripes as a younger and perhaps less wise young man...

Thank you to the boys... you ROCKED and to Gus... whenever he leaves the Albion, I'm sure he will be remembered as the best manager of my lifetime, and I say that with a great deal of hindsight and retrospective realism.

GET IN!

Kosh

Loving your work Sir . Must say it was rather jolly out there .

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Sitting in my dads local, Heddon on the Wall, last night surrounded by the deluded black and white masses (for that is what they are) was one of the best moments of my Albion supporting life.

The pervading atmosphere was one of silence; the toon army (ahem) just sat there and mustered only mutters with only the occasional ha' way!... surely a testament to our performance! they had half chances sure, but the mood truly reflected what they did not expect... an even contest, and one where Mr Poyet et al. got the luck yes, but tactically won by a country mile.

My disbelief at recent off the pitch events, has been overwhelmed by the on the pitch r...evolution (well done the management and players), they deserve some but not all of the credit.

The Amex looked wonderful and sounded even better, you (those who could be there) did the club proud and somewhat educated the toon army as to the rise of our fantastic club.

One despondent fan uttered (for my benefit I think), "Eye Divant na how we've (sigh) lost that like!" No one agreed.

20 years+ I've waited for last night, to me it meant the world and put right all the NOBO etc. comments I had to endure some years ago whilst proudly wearing my Albion stripes as a younger and perhaps less wise young man...

Thank you to the boys... you ROCKED and to Gus... whenever he leaves the Albion, I'm sure he will be remembered as the best manager of my lifetime, and I say that with a great deal of hindsight and retrospective realism.

GET IN!

Kosh

I can see it now. Great story Kosh. I wnet to Newcastle Uni 25 years ago and can imagine the scenes in the pub. :)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm chuffed too - there are 4 or 5 toon boys at the cricket club and now I've got braging rights all summer long.
Happy days.

Few more are closset scousers of the red variety - if we can turn over Liverpool too, I will have THE most banterous summer down the clubhouse this summer.

Marvelous scenes.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for all the cool messages above! Freddie: SHIT! That does indeed totally ruin our plans. I'd booked the time off work, trains and hotel too! I even spoke to someone at the club whom neglected, just prior to Christmas, to inform me of the date change.

Bugger.

I think the change may have come about after Xmas and it's because Cardiff have had their game with Hammers switched for TV...and bugger the paying footie fan.

I would hope there would be somebody on here who could help you with accomodation or maybe you could try for a Sat game & make a weekend of it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here