Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26/4/1997 - R.I.P The Goldstone Ground

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Being that I consider myself a young 36 it's a amazing thing that their are a generation of Albion fans who never saw The Goldstone.

You missed alot of great times.... and some bloody awful ones!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I wonder if they could play that video on the big screen for the first game at Falmer?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I only ever went to 3 games at the Goldstone and am eternally grateful that I did, even though I didn't realise how special it was at the time. I sat in the South Stand with my Dad.

v. Cambridge - can't remember the year.
v. Tottenham Hotspur - pre-season friendly.
v. Notts County, when there was a sit down protest in the centre circle at half-time and Liam Brady had to come out and convince the protestors to take their seats.

As a 25 year old, I feel angered that I was left bereft of the opportunity to support a proper football club as I grew up - one with a stadium. I love Brighton, but won't feel like I am a fan of a 'proper' football team until the second that the team runs out at Falmer. The Goldstone, in my memory, was magic.

Sep 20, 2005
goldstone_protest001copy.jpg

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
As a 25 year old, I feel angered that I was left bereft of the opportunity to support a proper football club as I grew up - one with a stadium. I love Brighton, but won't feel like I am a fan of a 'proper' football team until the second that the team runs out at Falmer. The Goldstone, in my memory, was magic.

In reality, it wasn't magic, it was a very scruffy, run-down stadium...but it was a proper stadium with three sides under a roof and a great atmosphere ...sometimes.

But, most of all, it was home.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
[yt]6Pr4WA_GB9Q[/yt]

I'd love to know who Dick Knight was trying to get to shake hands about 13 seconds in

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
:drool:my god great memories wish the younger people who post on hear could have stood on the goldstone terreces brings tears to your eyes

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Good times. Well, times. It must be a bit dusty in here...

Cheers Brett.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
RIP.

Never had the pleasure. But have seen enough clips and pics to bring me to tears knowing the year my dad got me into BHA was the year we lost her.

RIP.

Roll on Falmer.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
8 seconds in that's me standing next to my Dad clapping after the final whistle. Stayed in my seat cos wanted to see the pitch invasion from the stand. Went down to the pitch just after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here