Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
:ascarf:

no pics (my dad will have them, i was only 7 in '97) - but epic memories

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
good call, I honestly can't remember when this was but it was at the end of a promotion season I believe in the 90's....

Attachments

• Goldstone - R.I.P..jpg
    Goldstone - R.I.P..jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 611

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great montage of clips there.

13 years - where did the time go?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
4353810783_0687f0d1a9.jpg

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
A day never to be forgotten, might be easier to accept once we kick off at Falmer!

Attachments

• Doncaster game.jpg
    Doncaster game.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 564

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
good call, I honestly can't remember when this was but it was at the end of a promotion season I believe in the 90's....
just worked it out - it was the 2-1 victory in the last game of the 87-88 season when Barry Lloyd's Rougvie inspired side finished 2nd behind Sunderland and won promotion from Div 3 to Div 2.... I have found more (not terribly good) photos of the game and [post match celebrations and will scan and upload them ASAP on this thread....

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
just worked it out - it was the 2-1 victory in the last game of the 87-88 season when Barry Lloyd's Rougvie inspired side finished 2nd behind Sunderland and won promotion from Div 3 to Div 2.... I have found more (not terribly good) photos of the game and [post match celebrations and will scan and upload them ASAP on this thread....
sorry folks, no scanner / printer drivers installed in the new re-imaged computer yet so they will have to wait for another day - 19,800 crowd, largest for 5 years saw Bremner and Nelson (natch) put us 2-0 up, we held on for 2-1 and promotion, happy days....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
sorry folks, no scanner / printer drivers installed in the new re-imaged computer yet so they will have to wait for another day - 19,800 crowd, largest for 5 years saw Bremner and Nelson (natch) put us 2-0 up, we held on for 2-1 and promotion, happy days....
largest league crowd possibly, but earlier that season 26,467 had seen us lose at home to Arsenal in the FAC round 4...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Thirteen years ago today I was in Amsterdam but flew back for the afternoon for the last game at the Goldstone.

Last Friday, I visited Falmer for the first time.

I'm not ashamed to admit that, on both occasions, the tears flowed. So much has happened in those years.

I am so proud to support BHA.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
cue brief chorus of "Seagulls...! Seagulls...!" then cigars put back in mouths and hands back in sheepskin coat pockets...

Still vivid in my memories the two renditions then silent, this picture makes the West Stand look so small, how many did it hold.

I loved it long after the lego stand had gone and they had the club shop in a portacabin on some spare land in the North West corner, the staff would watch the game through a small window to chants of 'club shop, club shop give us a song/wave'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here