Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26/06/2010

1066gull

What a fantastic line up of sport we have this weekend.

Midday Saturday is the qualifying for the European GP which will then be followed by Wimbledon and a possible return of Murray for his third round tie. Then we have the first of the second round matches from the World Cup with South Korea v Uruguay before finale of Doctor Who is shown.

Then Sunday we are straight back to the European GP which is immediately followed by Germnay v England with Glastonbury on BBC Two at the same time and after that Athletcis and Argentina v Mexico complete the weekend of sport.

Pretty much all on the BBC....

Just a shame I am working pretty much all through it :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is only ONE sporting event this weekend. The rest is flotsum.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Agreed. Definitely couldn't care less about anything but us vs the Germans atm.

May 12, 2010
Of course with you back posting again, the WHOLE of NSC is waiting for you to post something utterly GORMLESS. So that the sport of AIDS-baiting can resume.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Agreed, the Grand Prix takes precedence here, won't be turning over until it's finished even if it over runs the start of the football. F1 has been brilliant so far this year. You didn't mean that did you?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed, the Grand Prix takes precedence here, won't be turning over until it's finished even if it over runs the start of the football. F1 has been brillinat so far this year. You didn't mean that did you?

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz people driving round and round and round and round and round for 457 laps and the most powerful car wins. Woah exciting!

"*Runs and hides*

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Of course with you back posting again, the WHOLE of NSC is waiting for you to post something utterly GORMLESS. So that the sport of AIDS-baiting can resume.

Says more about the other posters than 1066gull though

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Agreed, the Grand Prix takes precedence here, won't be turning over until it's finished even if it over runs the start of the football. F1 has been brilliant so far this year. You didn't mean that did you?

F1 can't run over the football because its a MAX of 2 hours long...But yes I agree I'm looking forward to the race as well, although Valencia is the dullest circuit ever built.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz people driving round and round and round and round and round for 457 laps and the most powerful car wins. Woah exciting!

"*Runs and hides*

Seconded is there anything more BORING than F1?

F2 probably.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

"*Runs and hides*

MMMmmm £120k a week footballers who often can't trap or control a ball and who virtually all come across as unpleasant people or the men with brains who drive cars fast? Just a bit more thrilling than most of what I've seen on the football pitches of S Africa so far.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can someone let me know if there is ever any kind of televised racing that even remotely resembles either:

A. Mario Kart
B. Speed Racer (the SNES game)
C. Wacky Races

If anything came close to matching those, I would be glued to it every single week.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
F1 can't run over the football because its a MAX of 2 hours long...But yes I agree I'm looking forward to the race as well, although Valencia is the dullest circuit ever built.

Agreed Monaco without the glamour.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
MMMmmm £120k a week footballers who often can't trap or control a ball and who virtually all come across as unpleasant people or the men with brains who drive cars fast? Just a bit more thrilling than most of what I've seen on the football pitches of S Africa so far.

:rave: :amex: :p

South Africa's opening game, and their first goal. JOYOUS scenes across all of Africa.
Argies putting 4 past South Korea
Germany putting 4 past Australia
North Korea running Brazil very close
Brazil v Ivory Coast
Portugal 7 - 0 North Korea
Mexico 2 - 0 France
South Africa 2 - 1 France
France going out
USA scoring in the last minute of added time to go through
England getting it together for a solid performance against Slovenia setting up a cracker against Germany
Spain v Honduras was enjoyable
Plenty more I can't think of off the top of my head.

It's been an ABSOLUTE cracker so far, this World Cup.

The best (and only) thing that ever happens in F1 is when one person overtakes another, and that's not very exciting at all. WOOOW.

Please, stick up some YouTube videos to prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:rave: :amex: :p

South Africa's opening game, and their first goal. JOYOUS scenes across all of Africa.
Argies putting 4 past South Korea
Germany putting 4 past Australia
North Korea running Brazil very close
Brazil v Ivory Coast
Portugal 7 - 0 North Korea
Mexico 2 - 0 France
South Africa 2 - 1 France
France going out
USA scoring in the last minute of added time to go through
England getting it together for a solid performance against Slovenia setting up a cracker against Germany
Spain v Honduras was enjoyable
Plenty more I can't think of off the top of my head.

It's been an ABSOLUTE cracker so far, this World Cup.

The best (and only) thing that ever happens in F1 is when one person overtakes another, and that's not very exciting at all. WOOOW.

Please, stick up some YouTube videos to prove me wrong.

I've only bothered with the England games, so you'll understand my lack of enthusiasm :lolol:

I'm not gonna try and convert anyone to F1, you either like it or you don't. In the same way as I think cricket is a totally wank game most on here love it, you'll never convince me it's anything but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, especially 5 day tests.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yawn. Why do people who dislike F1 have to tell us all they think its boring? This argument has taken place so many times, millions of people worldwide like it, and many people on this forum do, you don't. No big deal so why make an argument about it? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here