Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Years - The Rise Of Brighton & Hove Albion (A MUST Watch!)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Brighton must be one of the best club out there that reminds its fans, players, staff and managers of its history and how it got from the Goldstone to Withdean to here.
Countless videos, promo, tributes, acknowledgement marking 10th anniversaries, 20th anniversaries, 25th anniversaries. Here's just one small example of Dick telling the story in full on the official Albion YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xw1mnaYHU
So i'm pretty perplexed - even in reaction to that rather brilliant bit of video editing - that there's a belief that there's a reluctance by the club to do it properly or tell the story or to deliberately misrepresent the roles of those who played their part or that the club isn't trying to ensure its not forgotten. And who really thinks that if you're telling the story and bringing it up to date that Potter wouldn't be in it ? Really ?

I think the bot algorithm needs fixing when a post calling Tony Bloom and Dick Knight legends sets it off.

It's a good video. Goodness me.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Disappointing ending to the video, it should have been the shot of Bloom with the fans after the Wigan game. Pure unbridled joy and the man who has funded it all. Excellent video overall though, properly emotional watching that and very classy to include the response to Shoreham. Delighted to see David Stockdale's wonder double save vs Massive get a prominent spot, and then Knockaert's winner in the same game. What a season that was!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Disappointing ending to the video, it should have been the shot of Bloom with the fans after the Wigan game. Pure unbridled joy and the man who has funded it all. Excellent video overall though, properly emotional watching that and very classy to include the response to Shoreham. Delighted to see David Stockdale's wonder double save vs Massive get a prominent spot, and then Knockaert's winner in the same game. What a season that was!

It's a rehash of the 16/17 video, with a few clips from the last 5 years of PL football added. The version that you're after is pretty much this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm5avTtlypQ

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nice video.

This thread could have been another interesting history lesson from my perspective but obviously it had to be made into a pretty strange Dick Knight vs Graham Potter thing in the very first reply.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It's a classic 3 Act structure isn't it, Act 1 Goldstone, Act 2 Survival, Act 3 Renaissance. You can't end Act 3 in the past, so ending it with Potter leaving the field after a win away to Spurs bang in the present seems pretty spot on when Act 1 started with desperation and protest at possible extinction. Seemed a well structured piece of film making to me.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Nice video.

This thread could have been another interesting history lesson from my perspective but obviously it had to be made into a pretty strange Dick Knight vs Graham Potter thing in the very first reply.

Yes, no comparison was required - it stands alone as a (sadly) all too brief montage of the past 25 years. Each participant in the clips holds an equally valid place in the journey.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Unlike modern-day football, the footage of pre 1997 football is very limited below the top tiers, and what does exist is often low quality. That's probably why montages like that have more Withdean and Falmer stuff.

I get that but didn't seem much of a celebration of the Goldstone the games it staged and the players, we have done the plucky rise videos from Gillingham to the Amex to death. They are still important but to me it seemed to miss the point but that's my view :)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Nice video.

I recommend Build a Bonfire and We Want Falmer books if you haven't read tham? That is the ideal history lesson. Brilliant books.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I recommend Build a Bonfire and We Want Falmer books if you haven't read tham? That is the ideal history lesson. Brilliant books.

I've read Build a Bonfire, going to read We Want Falmer at some point but I prefer a new copy of it and it is either out of stock or obscenely expensive where available, but good reminder actually... maybe should settle for a used copy.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Knight and Bloom both huge parts of the Albion history.

Without either of them we wouldn't have Falmer.

Just enjoy, if that's the right word, the video and appreciate what we have and where we've come from.

My sentiments exactly, some pathetic squabbling being posted here. In the 25 year video, the first fan to speak, Tracey, was a friend of mine and sadly she died before getting a chance to see the team play at the Amex. Yesterday her elder sister, Karen, passed away.

Be grateful for what we have as club.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If we are to mention Potter then mention also to Poyet who started the foundations of the system and team and Hughton who took us that extra mile.
Great video. Liked the Spurs video as well with the slow mo of the goal. Cant find it on youtube.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here