Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 24 hours in police custody

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
My wife’s from Wisbech and I’m from Crawley. I like to think that neither of us conforms to the stereotype. Needless to say we don’t still live in either location.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I read a comment a few years ago on a news story about racism towards Polish people in Wisbech.
It said "To be fair, there is a big cultural difference between the locals and the Poles, in that the Poles want to work."
I lived for a while in a village just outside Wisbech (Goredike Bank) about 20 years ago. Very odd place. At the time there were three maybe four polish shops in the centre. Oddly threatening environment when you went in. I did as I like some of their food. The front windows were covered in small "advert" cards. These apparently contained messages for certain people.

Locals saw them as the mafia.

There were a couple of unexplained disappearances during our time there.

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
I lived for a while in a village just outside Wisbech (Goredike Bank) about 20 years ago. Very odd place. At the time there were three maybe four polish shops in the centre. Oddly threatening environment when you went in. I did as I like some of their food. The front windows were covered in small "advert" cards. These apparently contained messages for certain people.

Where did you bury them?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Did they turnip?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

There were gangmaster problems.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just watched both episodes.

Very sad story all round, about the only featured person I don't have any sympathy for is the guilty party.

Did you watch the credits/messages at the very end? Startling how many relatively youngish folk passed away all told :confused:.

Reminded me of a UK version of the US OxyContin/heroin towns eg the one featured in a Louis Theroux doc.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
One of the things I noticed was that they continued to interview him even after he had asked for a solicitor!! I can only assume that was because he continued to answer questions despite requesting a solicitor.

Sad case to see how drugs decimate lives.

As for Wisbech, clearly never recovered from that 10-1 drubbing!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Just watched both episodes.

Very sad story all round, about the only featured person I don't have any sympathy for is the guilty party.
Similarly sympathetic to all, even a little for the culprit, as I wondered who he would have been if he hadn't had the accident at work that led to his addiction.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This one’s a repeat - mental though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here