Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 23/24 v 24/25 Squad

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I was taking a quick look at our 23/24 squad this morning (under 21's excluded) and wondered just how much it might change this summer in readiness for next season. My personal thoughts are below using players already signed or that we are being linked with.
It would be good to see where other posters thoughts lay...

Verbruggen
Steele - I think we may sell him and replace with Rushworth
Mcgill

Lamptey - I think we may sell him and replace with a yet unknown player
Veltman
Barco
Estupinan
Igor - I think we may sell him and replace with a quicker central defender
Dunk
Webster
Van Hecke

Milner
March
Gilmour
Gross
Lallana - Already left and replaced with Gomez
Moder - I think we may sell him and replace with Wieffer
Baleba
Mitoma
Buonanotte - I think we may loan him and replace with Osman
Hinshelwood
Peupion - I think we may sell him and replace with Minteh

Pedro, Enciso, Welbeck, Adingra and Feguson unchanged. Undav to be sold

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I bloody hope not
Likewise. Has HUGE potential if used correctly this season. For me a potential and most natural heir to the Gros role. He needs another season as understudy and then will be MASSIVE for both us and Argentina I think. His pace, guile and natural low centre of gravity together with his slightly stocky build make him perfectly suited to all things brilliant about a flair midfielder.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Likewise. Has HUGE potential if used correctly this season. For me a potential and most natural heir to the Gros role. He needs another season as understudy and then will be MASSIVE for both us and Argentina I think. His pace, guile and natural low centre of gravity together with his slightly stocky build make him perfectly suited to all things brilliant about a flair midfielder.
I completely agree and personally would ship out Milner to give him his squad berth. I cant see that happening though and i think the new aquisitions will all get a squad place. Who else goes to make space?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Verbruggen
Steele - I think we may sell him and replace with Rushworth
Mcgill
No reason to replace him as a no 2 until our academy GKs are up to the task imo
Lamptey - I think we may sell him and replace with a yet unknown player
We have options without ‘replacing him’ but yes, well off his original pace
Ve
Igor - I think we may sell him and replace with a quicker central defender
Dunk
Webster
Van Hecke
Igor is doing fine - he isn’t a Wingback/FB but will do fine in a back 3 set up.
Milner
March
Gilmour
Gross
Lallana - Already left and replaced with Gomez
Moder - I think we may sell him and replace with Wieffer
Wieffer is a CDM/CB so can’t see him as a replacement’ for Moder.
Baleba
Mitoma
Buonanotte - I think we may loan him and replace with Osman
Absolutely not. Buonanotte is developing into a key player for us. It is doubtful whether Osman is even at PL level yet and he’s a winger not a CAM.
Hinshelwood
Peupion - I think we may sell him and replace with Minteh
Minteh wouldn’t be replacing Peupion who barely played with the senior team last season, he’d be providing back up for March.
Pedro, Enciso, Welbeck, Adingra and Feguson unchanged. Undav to be sold

Impossible to know whether any of these players ( with the exception of Welbz) will still be here after the window as they are all potential targets but agree with us maybe selling Undav.

A lot will depend on what Hürzeler wants to do with the squad in terms of the system he wants to use but the whole point of developing a deeper squad is not to offload players that can rotate into the start up.

Last edited:

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
No reason to replace him as a no 2 until our academy GKs are up to the task imo

We have options without ‘replacing him’ but yes, well off his original pace

Igor is doing fine - he isn’t a Wingback/FB but will do fine in a back 3 set up.

Weiffer is a CDM/CB so can’t see him as a replacement’ for Moder.

Absolutely not. Buonanotte is developing into a key player for us. It is doubtful whether Osman is even at PL level yet.

Minteh wouldn’t be replacing Peupion who barely played with the senior team last season, he’d be providing back up for March.

Impossible to know whether any of these players ( with the exception of Welbz) will still be here after the window as they are all potential targets but agree with us maybe selling Undav.

A lot will depend on what Hürzeler wants to do with the squad in terms of the system he wants to use but the whole point of developing a deeper squad is not to offload players that can rotate into the start up.
Agree with a lot of these thoughts. Ive only listed the way i have because the squad is only broken down in to 4 areas on the BHA website... Goalkeepers, Defence, Midfielders and Forwards. The ins and outs are just squad places rather than actual postions on the pitch.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
@Super Sub You can see how the squads have evolved over the windows on various threads listed here.
This years squad >>

and then previous threads for our squads/transfer windows​

[Albion] - January 2024 Window and Squad

[Albion] - Squad for 23/24 - Summer 2023 Window

[Albion] - January 2023 Transfer Window

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
@Super Sub You can see how the squads have evolved over the windows on various threads listed here.
This years squad >>

and then previous threads for our squads/transfer windows​

[Albion] - January 2024 Window and Squad

[Albion] - Squad for 23/24 - Summer 2023 Window

[Albion] - January 2023 Transfer Window

Mods, Please feel free to shut this down if i have duplicated another posters thread. I did search for an option but could not see a relevent result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here