Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**20th November 2004 - Wear Red for Wrexham Day**

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
posted by Richie Morris:-
November 20th 2004 is to be 'Wear Red for Wrexham Day'.

The idea behind this is that fans of other league clubs attend their games dressed in red to show support for the troubled Welsh team.

We are at home to Burnley that day and myself and others will be at the game with petitions for you all to sign. What we need though is for as many of you as possible to wear red to the game because if only half a dozen people do it will not work.

Wrexham have gone out of their way to support us over Falmer when they have problems of their own. This is our chance to thank them for that.

I will be contacting the match day programme editors of all the league clubs with a press release containing all the details as well as a small background of the trouble so hopefully we will not be alone.

The important thing is for Wrexham to realise that they are not alone.

posted by On the Left Wing:-
Just received this from Wrexham Supporters Trust:

I haven't even checked who we have on that day, but can I urge those not watching the Seagulls to note this date in their diary and try to attend.

Richie: why not make this match the day for the "Wear Red for Wrexham Day"????

Lets make the home game against Bristol City MASSIVE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we all know the financial situation at the club at the moment is pretty dire. The bank account is frozen, and a hearing is scheduled with regards to an Inland Revenue winding up order.

The Supporters Trust have put a deal to buy the club to Mr Hamilton and are awaiting his response. However the club itself needs funds to continue its day to existance.

The only home league match this month is on Saturday November 20th at home to Bristol City. Please urge EVERY Wrexham Fan to attend this game, and to bring as many other supporters with them as possible. Bring anyone who wants the football club to survive, its that important. Everybody who wants football to continue at the Racecourse needs to attend this game. Lets show Dennis Smith and the boys what the club means to the town. Lets make the home game against Bristol City MASSIVE.

Please email this message to everyone you know who cares and ask them to do likewise.
Bring your kids, bring your friends.

Lets get the message out there - we will not let our club die.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Nice one Wrexham. I don't see how the Supporters Trust could purchase the club. A) they don't have the reddies and B) Then there no longer a Supporters Trust. They ARE the club.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Sounds good to me

Let me know and I will post it on other sites. Anyone got a fixture list for that day so we can start canvassing the teams playing to get it in programmes etc

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I say let's go with this

We have Burnley at Home on that day.

Suggest that EVERYONE wears red that day - even if at Withdean!

And anyone like minded makes their way to the Racecourse - wearing the blue and white stripes, but with some red as well!

And we must get the message out!

What we need is someone from WST to draft a short press release covering what has happened and is now happening to their club

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
If we go with it I'll liaise with Sunderland, Carlisle, Watford and Donny Rovers, where I have contacts ....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Check emails everyone. You should have one about this now.

I will post details on here and hopefully get it made into a sticky by the mods.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
**20th November - Wear Red for Wrexham Day**

November 20th 2004 is to be 'Wear Red for Wrexham Day'.

The idea behind this is that fans of other league clubs attend their games dressed in red to show support for the troubled Welsh team.

We are at home to Burnley that day and myself and others will be at the game with petitions for you all to sign. What we need though is for as many of you as possible to wear red to the game because if only half a dozen people do it will not work.

Wrexham have gone out of their way to support us over Falmer when they have problems of their own. This is our chance to thank them for that.

I will be contacting the match day programme editors of all the league clubs with a press release containing all the details as well as a small background of the trouble so hopefully we will not be alone.

The important thing is for Wrexham to realise that they are not alone.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
ok chaps

details posted on www.thfc1882.com lets get some more done.

We are all behind you Wrexham :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I will get the old dear to Iron my Wales egg chasing shirt for this very special occasion :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
DBS

Got a Ferrari fleece if you want to borrow it matey

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can this be a sicky please and can someone unmerge it because I think it would be better with the actual 'wear red da' info at the top.

cheers

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
OTLW

can you edit your first post to put Richie ( the attention seeker :lolol: ) details at the top with the stuff you wrote

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Richie Morris said:
Im not attention seeking just think the actual info should be at the top of the page.

Hence the chuckle after it mate no offence meant just in a good mood today and feeling slightly cheeky:p

Hav we still got all the banners we had at Cardiff as the save wrexham ones could make a comeback for this game

Richie Morris said:
Can this be a sicky please and can someone unmerge it because I think it would be better with the actual 'wear red da' info at the top.

cheers

Sorted. Richie's message is now at the top of the Thread.

I merged the two threads because things get very muddled when we have discussions scattered about the board. That's a recipe for people missing half the details.

I'll sticky it later, once it shows signs of slipping off the first page.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here