Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2022/23 Relegation Thread

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Fulham, Bournemouth, Brentford, Forest , Leeds & Southampton - we should finish above them six for a starters.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
After the transfer window closes of course, you'll have a better idea. But the relegation fight will involve .....

All 3 promoted sides. I don't expect all of them to go down, be I don't think any of them will do as well as Brentford have done. Fulham have the best chance of avoiding a dogfight
Brentford = Probably won't keep Toney and Erikson. They will certainly be in the mix
Leeds = Will probably lose Raphinha and maybe Phillips. It depends how they replace them. They will likely be in the mix
Southampton = I think they've got a bit too much
I'll pick out Palace as my dark horse for a relegation fight.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Think Brentford have too good a manager and squad to do a second season syndrome drop. Even more so if Ericcson stays.
Scummers look vulnerable especially if they don't get Bojo (or whatever the Chelsea loanee's name is) to stay.
El Dirtio Leeds look good bet for the drop , especially if they lose Rapinalla (or whatever his name is)
Fulham look better suited to stay up than in previous years. especially if they don't go all out gung-ho attack.
Plucky Bournemuff, big squad but lacking depth and quality.
Everton, need to sell Richalisson or Calvert Lewin to stay inside Fair Play rules. Limited ability to spend after that

so the drop three as predicted is:

Scummers
Dirty Leeds
Plucky but not plucky enough Bournemouth

We will be 8th and FA Cup winners

TNBA

TTF

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There will be a lot of money spent between now and kick off, but I am expecting a big drop off from Brentford, and Forest and Bournemouth to struggle. I think Fulham might do all right. Also think Wolves will slip and finish lower half after a flirt with relegation.
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Man Utd
6. Brighton
7. Leicester
8. West Ham
9. Newcastle
10. Tottenham
11.Villa
12. Palace
13. Fulham
14. Saints
15. Wolves
16. Leeds
17. Everton
18. Brentford
19. Forest
20. Bournemouth

5 subs this season isn't it? Going to make it tough for the smaller squads.

I think that Graham “let’s change the formation” Potter is going to love 5 subs

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I think that Graham “let’s change the formation” Potter is going to love 5 subs

The 5 subs is one of the things that helped save us when the covid delayed season restarted. We’d been awful leading up to lockdown suddenly we come to project restart and Potter has more options off the bench and can change formation to see out a game or go chasing if we needed to get back into one. He was one of the best an using those extra 2 subs.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Unless they make some incredible signings over the summer I cannot see beyond the 3 promoted teams going back down. Fulham have already lost carvalho for a reported £5m and forest look like a team that has nowhere near the quality to compete. Bournemouth have a history of chucking money at the problem so may be the one who have the best chance.

Leeds and Brentford probably the only other two clubs who will give them some hope

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Obviously this is all pulled out of guesswork and bias, and we have no idea about any of the clubs' recruitment, just vague notions and probabilities.

Getting us out the way early - we won't do as well as this season but should be safe enough. A combination of us likely losing Bissouma, Cucurella and maybe Trossard, with the likes of Villa, West Ham and Newcastle splurging to try to climb out of the chasing pack, will mean that we will finish around 12th I think. And no shame in that, this season just gone was truly exceptional.

Of the three promoted teams, Fulham can score with ease but still the faulty defence. Bournemouth seem to be favourites for the drop but still have several decent players with PL nous. Forest need to rebuild from all their loanees before even thinking about strengthening their flimsy squad. Fulham and Muff stand a decent chance of survival, but I fear for Forest.

And from the current crop, Southampton seem to have been on the downturn for a few seasons, with uninspiring recruitment and an overreliance on loanee Broja and set pieces by JWP. Fancy it might be their year.

There's almost always second season syndrome for the surprise package promoted team. We had it, Sheffield United had it, Leeds had it, Brentford will have it (especially without Eriksen). They will be in the mix.

Leeds without Rafinha will be much weaker. I expect them to start poorly, sack the unconvincing Marsch and then bounce back.

Everton surely cant be that shit again. There is still talent in that squad if they can fix their defence.

Palace's excellent recruitment last summer will keep them steady. Even without Gallagher, the likes of Eze, Guehi and Z*ha will be plenty.

Wolves will do worse than this year but not in real danger. Lage is not convincing, Neves is going and their special Portuguese connections seem to be providing less and less each passing year.

So for me:
Brentford
Southampton
Forest

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Think Brentford have too good a manager and squad to do a second season syndrome drop. Even more so if Ericcson stays.
Scummers look vulnerable especially if they don't get Bojo (or whatever the Chelsea loanee's name is) to stay.
El Dirtio Leeds look good bet for the drop , especially if they lose Rapinalla (or whatever his name is)
Fulham look better suited to stay up than in previous years. especially if they don't go all out gung-ho attack.
Plucky Bournemuff, big squad but lacking depth and quality.
Everton, need to sell Richalisson or Calvert Lewin to stay inside Fair Play rules. Limited ability to spend after that

so the drop three as predicted is:

Scummers
Dirty Leeds
Plucky but not plucky enough Bournemouth

We will be 8th and FA Cup winners

TNBA

TTF

This would make an old man exceedingly happy :thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Forest - think they have the best manager of the 3 promoted teams but limited squad that’s requires a lot of work
Bournemouth - don’t rate Parker
Southampton - please

If Everton stick with Lampard for the season they will down there as well. Leeds could be in for a long season as well

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
12/1 is ridiculously short odds. Would have expected us to be around the 25/1 mark

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Here's a dream.... totally unrealistic of course - Newcastle, Aston Villa, Leeds

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd like to see Southampton and Bournemouth go down. Saints are a dreary outfit in a dull town with a dull ground.

But I truly hope Forest go with them. I have never heard so much guff as I did in the commentary on their game with Huddersfield. "One of the great names of English football"? Really? Their history is mostly one of mediocrity. They've spent as many seasons outside the top division as in it. They have won one (1) league title, which is the same as Ipswich and Sheffield United and fewer than Derby, Burnley or Po*rtsm**th. If not for Brian Clough they'd be a provincial Birmingham City or a red and white version of Norwich.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I'd like to see Southampton and Bournemouth go down. Saints are a dreary outfit in a dull town with a dull ground.

But I truly hope Forest go with them. I have never heard so much guff as I did in the commentary on their game with Huddersfield. "One of the great names of English football"? Really? Their history is mostly one of mediocrity. They've spent as many seasons outside the top division as in it. They have won one (1) league title, which is the same as Ipswich and Sheffield United and fewer than Derby, Burnley or Po*rtsm**th. If not for Brian Clough they'd be a provincial Birmingham City or a red and white version of Norwich.
Yes, ironically Huddersfield have a better pedigree than Forest (3 league wins) and probably would have won the European Cup a few times, if such a trophy had existed in the 1920s

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I would accept everything you say, but would humbly suggest that, at your age, If you don't like Brian Clough, then you don't like football, so for that reason

Palace,
Leeds
Bournemouth

:wink:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
It will be interesting to see if Fulham try to do things differently this year, or whether they will simply swap places with Norwich yet again.

Too early to predict, need to see the transfers etc, but my picks at the moment would be Forest, Bournemouth and Fulham to go straight back down.
Like others I think Brentford will struggle, as will Leeds and Southampton.
But for just thinking they are better than they are, I hope Villa are next year's Everton, down in the dogfight.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Saints, Fulham, Bournemouth..............us as long as we are not close enough for the stress of relegation, that'll do me! :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here