Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2021-22 EFL Trophy Walsall v Brighton and Hove Albion U21 Tuesday 14th Sept 7pm KO

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Any particular reason? Did we anticipate playing them in this trophy and put it in the contract?

The group stage was drawn in June, Rushworth didn’t join Walsall until mid July so we already knew we’d be playing them.

That said I would imagine most of our domestic loan contracts would automatically include a clause that the player cannot play against us if we are drawn together in cup competitions.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The group stage was drawn in June, Rushworth didn’t join Walsall until mid July so we already knew we’d be playing them.

Good point - I'm still a bit surprised we bothered though; are we really going to bother much about this competition?

I dare say Walsall would have given game time to Jack Rose (the GK that Rushworth has edged out of the team this season) anyway.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Ooooh, if scores are level after 90 mins, teams will have a penalty shoot-out with the winning team earning an extra point ....

Could be HUGE entertainment !!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Looking forward to this.

Following by text stream is just one step up from refreshing Ceefax.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I have a video stream for this match listed in my IPTV sub - looking forward to it.

Edit: stream's up now, watching them warming up.

Last edited:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Stopped off at McDonald's on Bescot ind Estate to be greeted by half a dozen of fully tracksuited Walsall team! Unless Walsall employ very large ball boys,presumably just finishing their pre match whopper! It's the 70s all over again :) apparently we have no chance as their wonderboy Labardie ? Is fit to play, typical Brummie weather grey drizzle and very grim.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stopped off at McDonald's on Bescot ind Estate to be greeted by half a dozen of fully tracksuited Walsall team! Unless Walsall employ very large ball boys,presumably just finishing their pre match whopper! It's the 70s all over again :) apparently we have no chance as their wonderboy Labardie ? Is fit to play, typical Brummie weather grey drizzle and very grim.
They should be eating Papa John's today, not McDonald's.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can't knock it as it did the job last time, but not one first team player in that squad which is a marked contrast to previous seasons of having a few to come off the bench.

A lot of trust being placed in some young players, the Club must rate them highly.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Can't knock it as it did the job last time, but not one first team player in that squad which is a marked contrast to previous seasons of having a few to come off the bench.

A lot of trust being placed in some young players, the Club must rate them highly.

Are you thinking of the Carabou (League) Cup? I don’t remember any first teamers playing in this tournament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here