Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...085dcea9e5c137#block-5fa52a0f8f085dcea9e5c137

Trump could lose more than just the presidency this January. Twitter has confirmed that, if he leaves office in January, as now seems increasingly likely, he will no longer receive special treatment as “newsworthy individual”.

Twitter’s policy around newsworthiness protects certain people – such as elected officials with more than 250,000 followers – from having their accounts suspended or banned for rule infractions which would otherwise lead to severe penalties.

That policy is what has led to the company muting, but not removing, 12 tweets and counting from the president over the past week, as he continues to break the social network’s rules about casting doubt on the democratic process.

But, Twitter has confirmed, the policy does not apply to former elected officials. They have to follow the same rules as everyone else, and if a tweet breaks those rules, it gets removed – with the account potentially following for regular offenders.

That will present Trump with a choice, if he is indeed removed from office in late January: either tone down the rhetoric, just as the humiliation bites hardest, or face the prospect of his hugely influential following being taken away from him.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
****ing hell :lolol:

318655f1b0a36721e2aa07cb33442f2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a bathtub, with a razor blade. Off you pop!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]550046337547665409[/TWEET]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]550046337547665409[/TWEET]

Thing is he still believes this. He thinks the right way to react is to claim fraud and whine and try to delegitimise the process.

Before the 2016 election he said he will accept the result IF he wins. It was always going to be this way. Failure is not an option his ego will accept.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently there are elections in Cote d'Ivoire.

The US embassy there wrote to the government it's desire for the election to be honest, fair and the result upheld peacefully.

As Nish Kumar said:-

"It's like being told not to fart in the lift by a man with diarrhoea running from the bottom of his trousers'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is long and drawn out vote counting is a brilliant way to dispatch with Trump. The longer the better.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Apologies if posted before.

If you fancy some beautiful parody - this Kenyan journalist is reporting on the US election is the style of a Western journalist covering an African election.

[tweet]1322999903753220099[/tweet]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is long and drawn out vote counting is a brilliant way to dispatch with Trump. The longer the better.

Death by thousand cuts.

You're right, it's perfect because it isn't just 1 city or state he can say has fraud, Trump has to say 4 states or so are all corrupt - some of which are traditionally Republican! No wonder Republicans are now starting to actively disown him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Death by thousand cuts.

You're right, it's perfect because it isn't just 1 city or state he can say has fraud, Trump has to say 4 states or so are all corrupt - some of which are traditionally Republican! No wonder Republicans are now starting to actively disown him.

:thumbsup:

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
When your country sees themselves as the 'Leaders of the democratic world' and the 'worlds policeman, when they interfere in the domestic politics all across central & souther n America and the Caribbean, when they leave countries like Iraq in tatters you may forgive people for having an opinion on which particular mentalists they choose to elect?

Fair point, my thoughts were fueled by happiness and booze at the way this election is heading. I was really aiming the words at the two or three main antagonists that dominate this thread, my apologies for not making that clear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here