• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
winchester2.jpg

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Guardian is including Arizona 11 votes (mistake, few called Arizona early for Biden. I’m shitting it re Arizona, Trump is on course to win by 30k IF it keeps breaking at same margins as last batch of 130k early votes)

Sky doesn’t include Arizona

BBC I guess is additionally not yet including the 10 from Wisconsin as Trump ordered recount. (But he won’t overturn 21k votes - last 2 Wisconsin recounts had a difference if 31 and 87 votes.

Arizona being called is a mistake imho.

Both AP and FOX have called Arizona. It may be closer than expected but AP and Fox are both usually right when it comes to calling states. I agree it is going to be close but it doesn't have a lot to do with the Guardian.

Personally I think Biden will win Pennsylvania and Georgia (as most results are still due from Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Atlanta) which would mean Arizona isn't an issue anyway.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Political editors "call it" when their analysis shows there's an increasingly remote possibility that one candidate could win a state. Looking at the demographic and past blue/red voting pattern in the final remaining counties.

If they/we waited until the Electoral College signs off definitive results, we'd be waiting weeks.

This is how the Guardian explained it earlier

One of the things with a US election is that it is a highly decentralised system, and until the Electoral College actually meets to vote until mid-December, we don’t have an ‘official’ result. In truth, those votes aren’t actually even properly counted until the Senate meets on 6 January. It probably made more sense as a system in the 1800s when news took a lot longer to travel.

It has become tradition that ‘decision desks’ make a call that states have been won by one candidate or the other when enough votes have been counted. States that are too close to call – like Nevada and Georgia are at the moment – are, well, literally too close to call.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Keith Lemon not taking it too well.

[TWEET]1324101334140792832[/TWEET]

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Out of the frying pan and into the fire. This man has so much baggage in his life, that has been swept under the carpet, that the press are going to have a field day. The real fun will begin if Kamala Harris takes over. Bumpy times ahead.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If "we" are business owners then yes, absolutely. It's a fact that jobs such as fruit pickers are done by foreign labour and they are not exactly well paid. Boris even flew in some during lockdown otherwise we'd have had crops rotting in the fields.

What are your thoughts about the actual point of my post?

I agree with all of it with the exception of the part I highlighted and to be fair you’ve flipped between state and private sector on that.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I don't buy this "by the 2040s" rubbish for a second. It's like saying "by the 2040s the Albion will be in the European Super League of Mega Clubs and Palace will be playing on Hackney Marshes" when, in fact, they are still above us in the table.

But let's suppose there's something in it, America is a country of migrants anyway. Really, it should belong to the Native Americans. Then along came some puritans from Plymouth, some Irish, some French and a few other guys. Then they brought in black people to do their work for them for nothing. Ditto with the Hispanics, brought in as cheap labour just as we've done with the Poles and Romanians. For example, Anthony Bourdain's brilliant Kitchen Confidential talks if how every good restaurant on the eastern seaboard had a line crew made up of Mexicans while he was working. I didn't hear of Trump sending his expensive meal back to the kitchen, back in the day and marching the sous chef back to Tiijuana.

We have a country here that is made up of people from other countries and it has no right to a white, Christian culture whatsoever.

Anything that supposes that should be dominant is culturally imperial at best and racist at worst.

That’s a really strange “...it’s like” GB! I share your sentiments though I would say Demographic change isn’t rubbish, it’s fact. How you react to is a different matter. But I can see why it’s a problem, if one demographic has prevailed for centuries and now feels threatened. Especially if a populist plays to their fears.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I agree with all of it with the exception of the part I highlighted and to be fair you’ve flipped between state and private sector on that.

No, fair enough, obviously the state didn't ship them in but "we" the British did. I don't want to go down the Brexit rabbit hole but obviously free movement of labour helped that, just as America for years encouraged immigration from all over and turned a blind eye to *some* illegal ones.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1324261297140256768[/TWEET]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is how the Guardian explained it earlier

One of the things with a US election is that it is a highly decentralised system, and until the Electoral College actually meets to vote until mid-December, we don’t have an ‘official’ result. In truth, those votes aren’t actually even properly counted until the Senate meets on 6 January. It probably made more sense as a system in the 1800s when news took a lot longer to travel.

Still understandable in many ways, with the vastness of many states and the country, as well as the fierce independent spirit of each state.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No, fair enough, obviously the state didn't ship them in but "we" the British did. I don't want to go down the Brexit rabbit hole but obviously free movement of labour helped that, just as America for years encouraged immigration from all over and turned a blind eye to *some* illegal ones.

Yes and I fear that many citizens of former Soviet Bloc countries are still being exploited in horrific working conditions, conditions I fear that wouldn’t be so prevalent if the “freedom of movement” was more rigorous in its selection, but as you quite rightly suggested, let’s leave the Brexit issues to one side and hope that at some point in the next few days that that idiot currently occupying the Oval Office is finally kicked into touch.

If Biden wins my feelings are it will pave the way to America’s first Woman President who is also of mixed race.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1324280349250248704[/TWEET]

I'm not sure which is funnier, the joke or the Americans who don't get it replying

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Theory by Alistair Campbelll that Trump is whipping his cult into a frenzy knowing that they will cause mayhem in blind belief that the election is rigged, and that he'll use his continuing influence/control over the MAGAts as a bargaining chip to get a pre-emptive pardon from Biden for the tax evasion and all other crimes that could see him locked up once he's no longer POTUS.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Out of the frying pan and into the fire. This man has so much baggage in his life, that has been swept under the carpet, that the press are going to have a field day. The real fun will begin if Kamala Harris takes over. Bumpy times ahead.

Such as...?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Theory by Alistair Campbelll that Trump is whipping his cult into a frenzy knowing that they will cause mayhem in blind belief that the election is rigged, and that he'll use his continuing influence/control over the MAGAts as a bargaining chip to get a pre-emptive pardon from Biden for the tax evasion and all other crimes that could see him locked up once he's no longer POTUS.

I'd like to think that he is dragged kicking and screaming in to court and exposed for the lying cheat that he is.

Edit : Maybe give him a pardon after it is all exposed in court and found guilty, I feel that the truth all coming out in court will be punishment enough for the bully.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here