Amused to see handwritten sign in the Afghanistan crowd “Trump is a knob”

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
This game has been chaotic from start to finish, now a run out and Sri Lanka have dodged a bullet. 145-9

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
India vs South Africa at the Toilet Bowl:
South Africa win the toss and will bat first:
Ind: Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahul, Dhoni, Jadhav, Hardik, Bhuvneshwar, Kuldeep, Chahal, Bumrah
SA: De Kock, Amla, Du Plessis, Van der Dussen, Miller, Duminy, Phehlukwayo, Morris, Rabada, Tahir, Shamsi

India's first game of tournament; SA have lost first two matches, surely a must win?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Saffers very poor 80/4

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bangladesh v New Zealand is turning out to be a cracking game.

Looked like NZ were cruising it but they've gone a bit crazy ... think they'll still win but it's going to be close

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Phew! New Zealand win by two wickets.

This was always going to be a difficult game. Bangladesh have improved hugely and won their opening game against South Africa. I've got a large wager on the Kiwi's to win the World Cup.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Phew! New Zealand win by two wickets.

This was always going to be a difficult game. Bangladesh have improved hugely and won their opening game against South Africa. I've got a large wager on the Kiwi's to win the World Cup.

NZ are a professional outfit who slip under the radar. Certain Semi Finalists.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
England have Bangladesh. I thought that would be a stroll in the park for them before the WC started - I'm not so sure any more. They're a useful team

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
NZ are a professional outfit who slip under the radar. Certain Semi Finalists.

Maybe. The problem with NZ is they have one absolute star batsman, two good ones and some so-so players. They've also got one very good bowler and some decent ones - but there's nothing earth shattering. Compare that to England who have got match winners all over or Australia, ditto. I think they may well make semis but I wouldn't call them certain

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Windies v Aussies at Trent Bridge, small boundaries so will Gale go mental with the bat ?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Before the World Cup started, I was thinking England, India, Australia as the three most likely to make the semis (in that order), plus probably New Zealand or South Africa. SAf are now gone barring a miracle, so most likely NZ fills that remaining semi slot.

Outsiders: West Indies, Pakistan. Both have the capability to win matches against anyone, but both also have the capability to be complete rubbish. Then Bangladesh - they're a very improved team and, on their day, can win a game against anyone. Question is, are they able to play through the pressure of winning the tight games often enough (evidence from yesterday is maybe not, but we'll see).

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I hope those young kids marching out holding hands with Warner and Smith have sandpaper wraps on their fingers.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Aussies struggling against the Windies attack - currently 26 for 2!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here