Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2016 Ryder Cup

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Each to his own. Probably my favourite sporting event.

Mine too, but it is tainted by the yank fans every time it is held over there.
When it is in Europe it's about right, over the top as it should be but with some sportsmanship which Golf must always have.
We are doing well better than I thought but USA are usually very strong in the singles but after watching the US fans I really want us to shut them up, again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are they actually booing McIlroy?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Complaining at the lack of sportsmanship by yanks doesn't mean we don't love the Ryder Cup.

And come on, BG doesn't count.

Come on I enjoy it for what it is a national sporting event but do not understand the hype surrounding it as I would expect if it was GB v USA without the help of Spaniards etc. I have never said I dont like it.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Anyone catch the full insult shouted at McIlroy whilst still in his swing for his second shot? Very loud, and something about his father.,it really riled Rory, disgusting behaviour. I mean really made him angry, just happened now....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on I enjoy it for what it is a national sporting event but do not understand the hype surrounding it as I would expect if it was GB v USA without the help of Spaniards etc.
You say 'without the help' like it's shameful we're not playing on our own. The US has more than double the number of courses than Europe. It's practically the continent of Europe against the continent of North America.

There's hype because it's a fantastic event to watch, and good rivalry. I'm not sure why you can't see that.

I have never said I dont like it.
Fair enough.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The yank fans are a disgrace but it gets much worse in the afternoon session. Another example of how they can't handle their two weak beers they have with lunch. Poor dears.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone catch the full insult shouted at McIlroy whilst still in his swing for his second shot? Very loud, and something about his father
No, what did they say?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Come on I enjoy it for what it is a national sporting event but do not understand the hype surrounding it as I would expect if it was GB v USA without the help of Spaniards etc. I have never said I dont like it.
What difference does it make? I really don't get it as I love the likes of Sergio and Henrik as much as Rory. None of whom are English. It's us against the yanks. I love it.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Only caught the back end of it, as the boom Mike had the sound of the swing, followed by the end of the outburst which was something like "like your father" or "...was your father" or something.

It will be very interesting to see if he refers to it later on.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Love the format of the Ryder Cup but hate the moronic lack of class shown by the galleries.

Still, they are Americans after all, so what should we expect? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here