Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 28 56.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
Rhino
rhino-2.jpg

The Story So Far.........Another who comes every year with high hopes, and always impresses without ever really making that final step up. Qualified for the second round by finishing 4th in a tough Group B, collecting 14 votes (13.86%)

vs

Black Mamba
black-mamba_767_600x450.jpg

The Story So Far........Came into 2012 as the only snake qualifier and after impressing in qualifying was fancied to make a real impression on this tournament. He didn't disappoint, winning the notoriously tight Group C with 16 votes (20%)

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
The Black Mamba has been SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to kill ELEPHANTS (according to Wikipedia). The little rhino would stand no chance.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The black mamba is the longest venomous snake in Africa, averaging around 2.5 to 3.2 meters (8.2 to 10 ft) in length, and sometimes growing to lengths of 4.45 meters (14.6 ft). Its name is derived from the black colouration inside the mouth rather than the actual colour of its scales which varies from dull yellowish-green to a gun-metal grey. It is the fastest snake in the world, capable of moving at 4.32 to 5.4 metres per second (16–20 km/h, 10–12 mph). It has a reputation for being aggressive and highly venomous: herpetologists have cited this species as both the world's deadliest and most aggressive, noting its tendency to attack without provocation. It is among the world's ten most venomous land snakes, and when threatened or cornered, becomes fiercely aggressive

Even Cape Buffalo are scared of them and flee the area when a Black mamba is around so the question is, would a rhino be scared too? - quite possibly

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
The snake is a killer. The rhino just gets a bit moody and eats leaves. Bit of a pansy really. I'd even call that it to its face (though that might be because it has crap eyesight)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The stories and mythology of the Black Mamba definitely make me a fan. They sound like the Devil Incarnate.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
A stick is all you need to stop a snake. They couldn't even kill Steve Irwin - a stringray did though

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Black or white rhino? The black rhino is probably the hardest even though it is smaller - it is the one most feared by hunters which is why it makes up one of the big 5. Having said that white rhino (which is the one pictured) have been known to turn over cars - best not to get too close to either... although I have still to see a black rhino

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Where's me Whelk ?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A stick is all you need to stop a snake. They couldn't even kill Steve Irwin - a stringray did though

Right, so when you see Black Mamba HURTLING towards you all you are going to do is pick up a stick? Very best of luck to you...... :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here