Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 Olympics - Tickets on Sale Now

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
well, you give your card details to enter a binfest for the events you want to go to

what you going to apply for?

Ive gone for
Opening Ceremony 27/7/12
100m mens final day 5/8/12
Mens Heavy Weight boxing heats 10/8/12
Cycling Sprint heats 4/8/12
Mens Gymnastics - Rings 6/8/12
Mens Football final 11/8/12

Payment comes out anytime between 10 May 2011 and 10 June 2011.

Official website for London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games tickets

Last edited:

Been planning this this evening, and as a student I've had to be slightly picky, knowing I won't get everything but hopefully some! And whilst the money will come out some time in the middle of May, you won't know what you've succesfully purchased until 24th June.

My wishlist which I shall apply for at a more sociable time of day:

Opening Ceremony 27th July
Tennis Preliminaries Centre Court 29th July
Tennis Semi-Finals Court No.1 3rd August
Rowing Finals Day 4th August
Athletics including 200m Round 1 and Triple Jump qualys on morning of 7th August
Football Mens Semi-Finals At Wembley on evening of 7th August
Canoe Sprint Finals 11th August

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
This is exciting stuff...isn't it a bit wrong though that there's no specific date when they take payment? That it could just be any time within 1 month from 10th May..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
(I know I can find this out elsewhere, but I'm in no rush with there being a 6 week purchase window...)

So do they take the money for everything you've applied for, keep it for a while, then sometime later tell you what you've got? Presumably at this point they'll also refund money for events you missed out on?

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
No...they don't take any money until at least 10th May but you do have to register a Visa card to pay (as they are principal partners). Problem is that you then have to make sure you have the funds in your account from the 10th May onwards for a whole month, it could come out any time between then. I think the delays in your payment only happen if the session you've applied for is oversubscribed-resulting in a ballot. Does that help?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Who is going to pay £125 for a women's weight-lifting, non-medal session, with all due respect to anyone competing? Surely 6 people paying £20-30, is better than no one paying £125?

I am lucky in that I live 30 minutes, maximum, from most of the venues, so going to see a few different sports..... Or, does anyone wanna rent my flat for a month and I'll watch in in TV from a sunbed?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what exactly is a binfest?

what this is about to become.

As a London borough tax payer for past 5 years, i'm waiting for my priority, discounted ticket application to come through. i've already paid for a seat to something, even at these stupid prices.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Problem is that if by some magical stroke you get all the tickets you applied for then you have to pay for them and they are not transferable. The lead bidder, ie whoever buys the tickets has to be there for each session you have purchased. There is some buy back facility but that won't be for some time. If you have booked for multiple days just to increase your chances make sure you've got enough in your account for when they take the money as you might not then get any!!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Problem is that if by some magical stroke you get all the tickets you applied for then you have to pay for them and they are not transferable. The lead bidder, ie whoever buys the tickets has to be there for each session you have purchased. There is some buy back facility but that won't be for some time. If you have booked for multiple days just to increase your chances make sure you've got enough in your account for when they take the money as you might not then get any!!!!

Non-transferable like every major sporting event, music festival etc........

Non-transferable like every major sporting event, music festival etc........

Fair point, but when so much of it is likely to be oversubscribed why make people commit to purchasing all tickets that they have applied for? Surely it would make more sense to allocate the opportunity to buy tickets in the first round. After a given period of time (say 1 month from notification) then all tickets that have not been taken up are released in a new tranche for people to enter a new ballot.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
My list

Opening ceremony
Athletics Qualifiers
Badminton preliminaries
Men's handball prelims and probably a semi final
Swimming heats

Remeber also that you'll get free TFL travel as part of the tickets.

Is that likely that I'll be working on the Olympics, but equally likley that I will not be watching any sporting activity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here