• Thread starter Deleted member 18477
  • Start date

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Liverpool
Liecester
Peterborough/Huddersfield
lucky dip, which ever team loses in the play off final.

Liverpool is half joke, half serious, @14/1 currently has to be good for e/w

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sort of meaningless until after the play-offs tho eh?

Will be going LARGE on Peterboro being relegated from whatever Division they're in, because they'll lose CMS and Boyd over the Summer, won't be able to afford any effective replacements, and will be lumbered with their joke defence.

D

Deleted member 18477

agree it may be a little early/meaningless as some have stated...

however its gotta be worth a punt as soon as playoffs are over as odds of certain teams will shrink as soon as they make a few transfers... best bet do 2. 1 after play offs, 1 just before first game.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Top 4 in the Premiership being:

Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man City

Now, that would be funny to hear Wengers moaning if they don't make the CL - but I think it's more than possible unless they spend a bit this summer.

United are not going to get any weaker, in fact I reckon they'll sign a couple of top class players, like, maybe Sneider. City are going to spend an absolute bundle - I'm just not sure they'll go for the right sort of player, and I don't think they're convinced the manager is the right one. Chelsea need to start rejuvenating their squad, so it depends on how much Roman is up for it - I can see a couple of big names possible going. Liverpool look like coming strong again, the four youngsters are looking very promising. Spurs might drop off a bit from this year, without the CL to tempt players in, and maybe lose one or two, but they won't be far off ........... so, all in all, your top 4 could be spot on.

D

Deleted member 18477

Just having a look at the odds for next season and I'm puzzled as to why we (and that lot along the coast) are so short!?!?

Championship Next Season Betting Odds | Football Betting

Does make you wonder if the bookmakers know something we don't about who is likely to be coming and going.

its prob to do with the teams that came up last year doing so well along with -
-the saints being one of the bigger clubs in the division, and already having a lot of championship quality players + they will spend!
-and us having poyet, a new stadium, dominating league 1 and the club in general being on the up!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
As has been said before, none of the relegated EPL teams are in that market

Obviously and neither are those currently in the play offs.

STILL can't see how we can be as short as 14s and how Southampton can be as short as 10s.

Leeds were a win away from making the play offs, have a decent squad, pay big bucks have a huge fan base and we're shorter than them. Hull and Burnley both been playing premier league football in recent years, were shorter. In fact you could argue a pretty decent case why we shouldn't be shorter than all of those sides.

As much as I hate Palace I also think they've been a little harsh on them.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Obviously and neither are those currently in the play offs.

STILL can't see how we can be as short as 14s and how Southampton can be as short as 10s.

Leeds were a win away from making the play offs, have a decent squad, pay big bucks have a huge fan base and we're shorter than them. Hull and Burnley both been playing premier league football in recent years, were shorter. In fact you could argue a pretty decent case why we shouldn't be shorter than all of those sides.

As much as I hate Palace I also think they've been a little harsh on them.

That book is about 80%. The three relegated teams and the three teams not promoted via the playoffs will probably all be single figure odds making at least another 60%. That would make the book 140% so we'd have to get pushed out accordingly to balance it. To put it simply I think taking the 14s now is a bit of a mug's bet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All nonsense of course, until we know who is actually in each division.

But, ignoring that!:

Chelsea
One of the relegated three.
Wednesday
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here