Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2010 World's Hardest Creature, Savage 16 Round, Grizzly Bear vs Bird Eating Spider

Grizzly Bear vs Bird Eating Spider

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
Game 7

Grizzly Bear

Grizzly-Bear-Roar.jpg

This Giant furry bastard is looking to step into it's Polar cousins shoes. The Bear family have a strong tradition in this contest. A giant killing machine of anything it feels like.

Nickname- The Brown Polar Bear

Story So Far- Outscored the heavily fancied Colossal Squid 42-38 to finish top of group G. He has large boots to fill and if the first round is anything to go by, he can potentially fill them.

vs

Bird Eating Spider

attachment.php

The only spider to make the last 40, this beast, as the name suggests, feasts on birds. Birds often larger than itself.

Nickname- The Eight Legged Killing Machine

Story so far- Racked up just 26 votes to finish second in group H. He will need to up his game if he is to upset the odds and progress.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Ever heard of a BIRD EATING SPIDER HUG?

No?

Vote Spider

Oct 25, 2003
is enough known of the spider to really make a decision? HOW does it kill birds? does it just catch them in a web? cos that's not that hard

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Grizzly should cruise this, the Goliath Birdeater doesn't even usually eat birds, mainly insects et all like other spiders, only known to eat birds because of it's size, and if I remember rightly uses a web to catch prey like other spiders.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the only people who are going to vote for that spider are people who are afraid of spiders n general - and to be honest, it is a patetic phobia to have

having seen a grizzly bear in all its natural glory, i can safely say that that is one fucker you would not want to mess with

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Grizzly should cruise this, the Goliath Birdeater doesn't even usually eat birds, mainly insects et all like other spiders, only known to eat birds because of it's size, and if I remember rightly uses a web to catch prey like other spiders.
The grizzly is so average though. I'm not impressed by the spider BUT am prepared to vote for it in protest at all the PLASTIC bear fans who know nothing of the grizzly's GLARING defficiencies.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sorry but a SPIDER that takes down BIRDS is very impressive. What does that Grizzly do that is as impressive, considering the size ratio? Take down Elephants? Doubt it.

Hardness is all about taking on things that you really shouldn't be, AND winning. That's why the Honey Badger does so well.

I'm proud that my nominee Spider has got this far though, and will be preparing a better presentation next time.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
there is NOTHING hard about a web - its a bone idle way of doing things compared to the bear who actually DESTROYS anything in its path

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This was a tough one, but I'm finally coming down on the side if the spider. Here's why:

The Goliath bird-eating spiders are considered to be very aggressive and do not make good pets. Unlike other spiders, who are noiseless, the Goliath bird-eating spider can make a hissing noise to frighten off threats by rubbing bristles on its legs together. They will also rear up on their hind legs in a threat position. Their two fangs have poison glands at their base. Although they are not very toxic to humans, they can cause severe pain, nausea and sweating. The venom works on the nervous system and paralyzes its smaller victims. A more painful way of defending itself is to flick off the hairs on its abdomen with its legs. These microscopically barbed hairs can be irritating to the skin and lungs. They will cause swelling for a few hours like a nettle rash. It is most serious when the hairs get into your eyes or mouth. The size and power of the Goliath bird-eater makes it possible for them to eat larger prey. The spiders are able to regrow any limbs they might lose.

So, they are 1) very aggresive, 2)poisonous, 3) even their hair is a weapon and 4)they can REGROW their limbs!. The spider's ticking the boxes for me.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
it doesn't "take them down" it just traps them in it's web

Same thing. Either way they're going DOWN. And a web big enough to trap and stop a BIRD? That's HARD, ffs.

Plus what that bloke put above. Poisonous HAIR!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
there is NOTHING hard about a web - its a bone idle way of doing things compared to the bear who actually DESTROYS anything in its path

The bear only "destroys" things SMALLER than it. Oooooh hard, like the bully in the playground, beating up little kids. Well hard. Not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here