Votes: 49 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 41.0%

• Total voters

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
His early form with us when he broke into the team was excellent, but he did not look the same player after injuries and at left back - he makes Mayo look world class.

£200k is a fair price for a player with a lot to prove. He will either make us look absolutely stupid if we accept it or it will look like Forest have been stitched up!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Difficult to make an informed judgement as haven't seen him play for ages.

Two to three years ago I would have confidently predicted that he would be worth at least £2m now. However, I thought last season he was disappointing. Not bad, but just he didn't seem to have progressed the way I had expected. He was nowhere near our best player.

Coupled with the comments about his attitude from other players, I have doubts that he is, or can be, as good as some think. (Forest fans' comments are interesting.)

However, the ideal scenario for me would be for him to come back to us and realise his potential of a couple of years ago.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Difficult to make an informed judgement as haven't seen him play for ages.

Two to three years ago I would have confidently predicted that he would be worth at least £2m now. However, I thought last season he was disappointing. Not bad, but just he didn't seem to have progressed the way I had expected. He was nowhere near our best player.

Coupled with the comments about his attitude from other players, I have doubts that he is, or can be, as good as some think. (Forest fans' comments are interesting.)

However, the ideal scenario for me would be for him to come back to us and realise his potential of a couple of years ago.

Agree with this to an extent, but 200k in the bank could give us greater scope to strengthen in the summer.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Get a new manager FIRST.

Then get them all to sit down like adults and work out how to rescue the situation.

Then get Lynch in the first team alongside Elphick.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I wouldn't take it.

My reading of the situation is that at the end of last season Lynch was worth more than £200,000. However he has had an indifferent season at Forest and, off the back of that, Forest want to get him on the cheap. They will probably argue that they have already paid one years' worth of wages and £25,000 for the season long loan and therefore they have already paid in part (of sorts) for the player.

I would wait before the managerial situation is clearer before making a decision. However, this does go to show that it will be important to get a pernament manager in place within a couple of weeks of the season ending.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
However he has had an indifferent season at Forest

That's the most worrying bit.

For all the potential, and hyping of him on here, he has not really performed for a struggling Championship side.

I would love him to come back to us and prove he is the star we thought he was going to be, but I have my doubts.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Let him go, pays for McNulty!

scooter1

How soon is now?
In the poll I said no, but having read the points above and with the very real threat of relegation looming i'd probably take the money and put a sell on clause in.

However if we can stay in this league i'd like to see him back here playing well in our colours, repaying some of the years of nurturing that this club put in, and then he can f*** off for a much higher fee having fulfilled some of that potential

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
There is no way I would take £200,000 for Lynch. He is under contract with us for another two years, and his potential suggests he is worth more than that.

Forest are quite clearly trying to get him on the cheap, and they probably think we will roll over because he seemingly doesn't want to play for us anymore. We should not be taken for mugs and should not ask for less than £500,000 in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here