vs

Polar Bear
2006_seaice_polarbear.jpg

Record Thus Far:

R1: 1st in Land Group 2- 24 Points

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Surely a walk in the park for the Polar. The grizzly only attacks if it feels threatened and even then often pulls away at the last moment.

The Polar on the other hand attacks and kills anything it fancies, including walrusses and WHALES.

Here's a tidbit for you:

Whereas brown bears often maul a person and then leave, polar bear attacks are almost always fatal.[56]

Polar wins hands down.

Stumpy Tim

A lot of research has been done. For a considered opinion read here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071231030246AAyPrnY

I am voting Grizzly Bear. They're like Mike Tyson at his peak - small, fast & compact. Polar Bears are more like George Foreman... one good hit could be curtains for the opponent, but their size makes them slower & easier to duck.

Either way, the sport of bear fighting is the winner on the day

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Pound-for-pound the grizzly out-thinks, out-punches, out-EATS and out-KILLS the polar. These bear derbys are always humdingers, and the form book goes out the window I'm afraid.

GRIZZLY

Facts: Grizzly's eat fish.

Polar bears eat whales.

Grizzlies are tolerated (just) near homesteads, Polar bears are not. They are forcibly removed.

Polar bears look for fights, tolerate nothing, eat everything.

Grizzlies, tolerate other wildlife and are known for s***ing in woods.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I read somewhere that polar bears are the only animal on the planet that actively hunt human beings.

It sounds like complete bollocks to me (what about tigers in India?) but this is the NSC HARDEST ANIMAL competition at its very best, and you've got to make your crock of shit facts count at this level. So for this reason, the POLAR wins my vote. :clap:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From wikipedia:

"polar bears can breed with brown bears to produce fertile grizzly–polar bear hybrids, indicating that they have only recently diverged and are genetically similar."

Isn't this a bit like Man Utd playing Man Utd reserves in the FA Cup? They're more or less on the same team!!! What a f***ing JOKE.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Its got to be the Polars for me. They`ll come into towns in Alaska looking to mess with drunken inbreds with shotguns. Respect.

The inbreds have the shotguns of course, not the polar bears because that would be plain silly saying that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Might as well close the thread now, The Grizzly is on the ropes waiting for the bell.....

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I read somewhere that polar bears are the only animal on the planet that actively hunt human beings.

It sounds like complete bollocks to me (what about tigers in India?) but this is the NSC HARDEST ANIMAL competition at its very best, and you've got to make your crock of shit facts count at this level. So for this reason, the POLAR wins my vote. :clap:

I prefer to think of it more as Liverpool Everton, Man Utd Man city, Rangers Celtic, Milan Inter etc etc.

The Polar is putting up a very impressive defense of his title so far. Wonder if it'll last or if he's peaking too early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here