Record Thus Far-

R1: 2nd in Water Group- 11 Points

vs

Japanese Giant Hornet
horneteatbee3.jpg

Record Thus Far-

R1: 1st in Air Group- 14 Points

Oct 25, 2003
this should be an EASY path into the semi final for the hippo, but we ALL saw what happened to the much fancied honey badger, so ANYTHING can happen

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hippo opens wide to bite - the hornet dives in to despatch a sting to the tonsils - the hippo closes it's mouth and swallows. Game over.

Stumpy Tim

The hippo - just long enough to have it's paw (hoof?) raised by the ref. But I agree, it will f*** up the hippos chances for the semi.

I'm assuming the hippo will be given an antidote after the fight. Otherwise it would be cruel surely? And all animals should be given a long enough period to recover for the semi's - otherwise the fights won't be of sufficient quality

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Hippo opens wide to bite - the hornet dives in to despatch a sting to the tonsils - the hippo closes it's mouth and swallows. Game over.

Actually the Japanese hornet attacks in groups. When a target is stung, the poison contains hormones that attract more hornets to attack. So more likely the hippo may kill one individual hornet, but the whole area around it will become infested with lethal stinging Japanese hornets if it got stung, making life very difficult for the remaining hippos in the surrounding area. More likely this battle will escalate than a one on one and I think the hornets could win.

What proof is there that a hornet actually harms a hippo?

Research seems to suggest they aim low. I reckon, a hippo wouldn't even blink if affected by a hornet. Annoying insects are a way of life.

Hippo the top boy here.

Last edited:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
God that hippo needs some tooth work. Much as I admire the hornet and would actually rather meet a hippo than the hornet because I reckon I could either outrun or outdodge him - for me the hippo is dead hard.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`ve had money on the hippo with Vegster. Cant see it being stopped in this tourney.

Land or water its got it all.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Actually the Japanese hornet attacks in groups. When a target is stung, the poison contains hormones that attract more hornets to attack. So more likely the hippo may kill one individual hornet, but the whole area around it will become infested with lethal stinging Japanese hornets if it got stung, making life very difficult for the remaining hippos in the surrounding area. More likely this battle will escalate than a one on one and I think the hornets could win.

You don't know much about Hippo's do you ?...... the name Hippopotamus translates as Water Horse.... this gives a clue to where it spends a lot of its time. Now, unless Japanese Hornets have invented a diving suit ( Aqualungs don't work, no lungs) or are intelligent enough to maintain a rota of hovering Hornets above the water surface.. the Hippo can wait them out ...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't think that the structural integrity of the Japanese Hornet can survive a forehand with a nice graphite raquet either... I would not tangle with the Hippo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here