Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2007 - Personal highs and lows

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Highs - Friends having twin girls, going to a Cancer Charity Ball in Windsor, clearing an underserved debt, and Ned getting a new job.

Lows - Trish (Albion fan) finally succumbing to cancer in March

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Highs - Spending Christmas abroad.
Lows - Getting to Abu Dhabi to find that this arab state makes quite a big deal out of Christmas ! There's bloody Christmas decorations and music everywhere !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
High. Days out with best mate.

Low. My Dad who is slowly fading away.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Meeting the girl of my dreams as the high and the low being not seeing her over Christmas thanks to US officials

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
High
My son, who was written off seven years ago by his headmaster, and recommended for an institution, learning to play the guitar and playing his first gig.

That must be about as high as it gets. Good on him, and you.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Highs - Getting married, daughter being born
Lows - reading the shit on here and being seriosly ill in feb/march

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Highs - Moving to Berlin, Glastonbury.
Lows - thankfully nothing personally.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Highs - Getting a degree, getting into the postgrad course at Cardiff I'm now doing, meeting lots of new and exciting people as a result

Lows - Losing a friend in a car crash, being f***ed around by woman I was/am rather fond of.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Highs - good year at work, terrific holiday this year, decent season at cricket( at my age!!!)

Lows - falling out with Smiley Miley ( after me being a cock!) Laura's accident, not doing the radio anymore,

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I don't mean to have a go at you, mate, but I feel I need to ask a couple of things! Firstly, how can a trip to CHESTERFIELD be among your highlights of the year? Secondly, how is posting some innocent and probably stupid remark on a messageboard remotely comparable to a serious car crash? Just asking:)

Well the game at Chesterfield, this was a bit different from the Albion and amazing support we had there that day, one of the best Albion crowds I've been in.

Also what I put on that thread the other day, seems to offended a few people and everyone jumping on my back, so guessing what I put was wrong and therefore getting the hate mob of NSC on to me isn't really the best thing to do.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Unsurprisingly my answers to this simple question are lengthy and tiresome and bitter and imprecisely buttoned. I suppose the highs for me are the dreariest daily events for other people, but in my head seem the hugest signs of recovery, resurrection, metaphorical pregnancy. They involve words on the whole, ones i could then daily give birth to. I suppose it concerns identification. How me nominally identifying something or someone adds a scattering of letters to my name, or an underlining there beneath it. I can be walking along analysing the snippets in my every thought, and see a dog scampering across the cracked pavings of a poorer suburb and envy it for it's lack of care for what eats and saddens it's surroundings. It has only the job at grubby paw to run after that which moves; a leaf cajoled by gusts; a pigeon so convinced that no one's watching pecks effortfully at the germed, breadcrumbed chicken-bone in the dampened, scraggy box of sunlight and blood a careless, two-legged hound tossed to the ground in the last 2 days; a Costcutters carrier bag with strained and mis-used teabags swirling surreptitiously in the breeze, determined to apportion itself to a prominent, uncrackable branch for centre stage in any squirrel's autumn nut-hunt, always beyond a park-cleaner's unladdered reach. This dog just wants. And i feel mightily squelched by the undoubted loneliness i have in not being able to tell anyone what i saw and thought and how much broader my unhappy view of the world now is.
They say that time is the greatest healer, and they're right if you're at a certain age, which i am. But to watch every moment pass is hellish. Especially when what's gone is the ability to describe the emptiness you feel. And the impossibility of reading the future means it's best not to look toward and base all hope and fortune on a lucky month or Easter. So you live alone and just wait for things to pass, smirking innocuously at a joke you thought to tell yourself in full that evening. It's a quotidian nothingness you have to unhappily face.
This makes High and Lows ineffably placed. Memorable events lose their importance and significance. They are just things.
Although saying that the odd journeys to Madrid and Berlin with a woman who so oddly and seemingly damagedly says she loves me in the murk of our opening months of togetherness can't be seen as anything but a plus, no matter how hard i try to smother them otherwise. So Cristina is a High, and our long weekends in foreign climes are always worthy of note.

So, to sum up, bingle bangle me me me miaow and wuther.

Happy New Year
:)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Unsurprisingly my answers to this simple question are lengthy and tiresome and bitter and imprecisely buttoned. I suppose the highs for me are the dreariest daily events for other people, but in my head seem the hugest signs of recovery, resurrection, metaphorical pregnancy. They involve words on the whole, ones i could then daily give birth to. I suppose it concerns identification. How me nominally identifying something or someone adds a scattering of letters to my name, or an underlining there beneath it. I can be walking along analysing the snippets in my every thought, and see a dog scampering across the cracked pavings of a poorer suburb and envy it for it's lack of care for what eats and saddens it's surroundings. It has only the job at grubby paw to run after that which moves; a leaf cajoled by gusts; a pigeon so convinced that no one's watching pecks effortfully at the germed, breadcrumbed chicken-bone in the dampened, scraggy box of sunlight and blood a careless, two-legged hound tossed to the ground in the last 2 days; a Costcutters carrier bag with strained and mis-used teabags swirling surreptitiously in the breeze, determined to apportion itself to a prominent, uncrackable branch for centre stage in any squirrel's autumn nut-hunt, always beyond a park-cleaner's unladdered reach. This dog just wants. And i feel mightily squelched by the undoubted loneliness i have in not being able to tell anyone what i saw and thought and how much broader my unhappy view of the world now is.
They say that time is the greatest healer, and they're right if you're at a certain age, which i am. But to watch every moment pass is hellish. Especially when what's gone is the ability to describe the emptiness you feel. And the impossibility of reading the future means it's best not to look toward and base all hope and fortune on a lucky month or Easter. So you live alone and just wait for things to pass, smirking innocuously at a joke you thought to tell yourself in full that evening. It's a quotidian nothingness you have to unhappily face.
This makes High and Lows ineffably placed. Memorable events lose their importance and significance. They are just things.
Although saying that the odd journeys to Madrid and Berlin with a woman who so oddly and seemingly damagedly says she loves me in the murk of our opening months of togetherness can't be seen as anything but a plus, no matter how hard i try to smother them otherwise. So Cristina is a High, and our long weekends in foreign climes are always worthy of note.

So, to sum up, bingle bangle me me me miaow and wuther.

Happy New Year

Mustn't grumble then? ???

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Mustn't grumble then? ???

Aye.
Nothing better than a nice moan eh. I even had a lovely cup of tea as i delivered it too. Two minutes i leave the teabag floating and twisting in the little eddy i've intrroduced to the water. That was a High. The Low was not having thought about getting a deliciously cheap packet of bourbons to go with it.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Highs - visiting new zealand for 4.5 months, being with a lovely girlfriend, starting university

Lows - nothing major to note :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here