Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Dead in Virginia College shooting.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
22 is the latest figure, including the shooter. Others shot but not fatally.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Deadly shooting at US university

At least 20 people have been killed and more injured after a gunman went on the rampage at the campus of Virginia Tech university in Virginia, US.
Police say there were two separate shooting incidents - one at West Ambler Johnston Hall, a student dormitory, and Norris Hall, an engineering building.

The incidents were about two hours apart. Police say that the gunman at Norris Hall is dead.

The state university in the town of Blacksburg is home to 26,000 students.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6560685.stm

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Some reports are saying more than 20 people were shot but survived (so far, at least). If true, this bloke shot more than 40 people. Unbelievable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was in Austin Texas, about 30 miles from Kileen, when I bloke walked into a MacDonalds, gunning down about 40.

I happened to have returned to the youth hostel where I was alone, just as the phone started ringing.
I worked out from 1st call & turning the tv on, what had happen. I then had to spend the next couple of hours talking to people from all round the world about whether their loved ones were safe.

It seems strange, and very sad, that the whole outpouring of emotion I witnessed in the aftermath of that, 15 years later, not much seems to have changed.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Stat Brother said:
I was in Austin Texas, about 30 miles from Kileen, when I bloke walked into a MacDonalds, gunning down about 40.

I happened to have returned to the youth hostel where I was alone, just as the phone started ringing.
I worked out from 1st call & turning the tv on, what had happen. I then had to spend the next couple of hours talking to people from all round the world about whether their loved ones were safe.

It seems strange, and very sad, that the whole outpouring of emotion I witnessed in the aftermath of that, 15 years later, not much seems to have changed.

Still it's their right to bare arms. Right?

f***ing place :angry:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Big Jim said:
Still it's their right to bare arms. Right?

f***ing place :angry:

I think everyone everywhere has the right to bare arms, except maybe some Muslims.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Big Jim said:
Sounds like an out of control place, the Yanks should go in and sort the country out.

would require a change of their constitution- which is almost impossible

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I hate these storys of some nut job doing this:(

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Barrel of Fun said:
:nono:

I have lost count as to how many times this has happened now. Does Mr President want to change the gun laws or would that interrupt hunting season?

RIP Jane and John Doe's. :angel:

It's part of the consitution of USA as far as I know and has been so for many years. So I don't think George himself can change it:

Influences on the Bill of Rights
The United States Bill of Rights were the ten amendments added to the Constitution in 1791, as the supporters had promised opponents during the debates of 1788. The English Bill of Rights (1689) was an inspiration for the American Bill of Rights. For example, both require jury trials, contain a right to bear arms, and prohibit excessive bail as well as "cruel and unusual punishments". Many liberties protected by state constitutions and the Virginia Declaration of Rights were incorporated into the United States Bill of Rights.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here