Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20-30 tonight. Lockdown

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I will as things stand because i dont think i am being irresponsible in the way i deal with customers ...but that could change firstly through further guidance and secondly customers telling me they don’t want me...i dont think the individuals i deal with will say that (ive known most for years)..but the Managing Agents i work for might instruct me not too.

Clarification:

https://mobile.twitter.com/andyburnhamgm/status/1242220327033331726

You are right.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Thanks....which kind of makes sense ...for control purposes .,.,..they havnt got the resources through the police ..but if I felt i was endangering my customers then I wouldn’t ..I’m also not doing any work that involves collecting material...so limiting work.

Ive also pulled off a copy from the Government website to keep on me ..for my protection and to appease any dissenting customer (they will have the final say)

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Inevitable and needed. A clear set of instructions that even the dumbest among us can undertsand.

But, Christ, it feels weird doesn't it? All of us, ordered by the Government to subject ourselves to virtual house arrest. I fully support the reasons and will comply fully, but that deosn't stop it feeling completely surreal. The very idea that I just can't jump in my car and go where I want, or see who I want. The fact that these four walls and my garden will be pretty much my entire world for the foreseeable future. Not through choice or incapacity, but because the governnment have said so.

Yup, tonight the world feels very strange. Good luck everybody.

That is exactly how i feel. I have been in my flat with my partner and 3 year old since thur. I have been getting more and more frustrated at the divs going out breaking the advice. So this lockdown is exactly what i wanted. Infact it's more lenient than i have been living. I am surprised i could go for a jog, however i do suddenly feel a little more anxious, and trapped... even though it never bothered me before... really odd.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That is exactly how i feel. I have been in my flat with my partner and 3 year old since thur. I have been getting more and more frustrated at the divs going out breaking the advice. So this lockdown is exactly what i wanted. Infact it's more lenient than i have been living. I am surprised i could go for a jog, however i do suddenly feel a little more anxious, and trapped... even though it never bothered me before... really odd.

I book marked this last week ..might help

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51873799

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I was thinking just that earlier today as it happens. One day, in years to come, my future grandchildren may be studying this at school and coming round to see grand-dad to ask what it was like living through the great pandemic of 2020.

I fear that this virus is merely just the little brother of future pandemics over the next few decades... i hope i am wrong. The way humans treat the world, nature, eachother... as the population increases, resources become depleted and we are living on top of eachtother through lack of land to population.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Even more difficult for you i guess as you work in their homes

I haven't had any phone calls today about jobs, one person cancelled a job when I called them to see if they still wanted me to call this morning.
I'm going to spend many hours doing jobs in my garden, I'm hoping the sun will continue to shine.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I haven't had any phone calls today about jobs, one person cancelled a job when I called them to see if they still wanted me to call this morning.
I'm going to spend many hours doing jobs in my garden, I'm hoping the sun will continue to shine.

I had my first loss of job today...but expecting more to go and a reduction in budgets by the MA’s

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Personally I wouldn't go out now unless the job is essential.
Theres a student house 2 doors down from dads house, they've all gone home and theres nearly £700 worth of materials there. Landlord wants me to carry on retiling kitchen floor, re silicone sealing bathrooms, altering a few pipes ect, probably a weeks work on my own there, or do I leave it?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Theres a student house 2 doors down from dads house, they've all gone home and theres nearly £700 worth of materials there. Landlord wants me to carry on retiling kitchen floor, re silicone sealing bathrooms, altering a few pipes ect, probably a weeks work on my own there, or do I leave it?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I would do the work, it's the ideal job if the property is empty, the materials are there and you work on your own.
You can also get an early start if the students are away. :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I fear that this virus is merely just the little brother of future pandemics over the next few decades... i hope i am wrong. The way humans treat the world, nature, eachother... as the population increases, resources become depleted and we are living on top of eachtother through lack of land to population.

Only 2% of the land in Britain is built on. As for population explosion, the reality is the birth rate is dropping (although it may pick up again in 9 months time) and this pandemic is killing off people.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Out of interest why haven't you been going for walks at least? It's pretty easy to social distance when just wandering about, unlike being in the supermarket etc. The advice has never been to completely lock yourself inside (and even now isn't - albeit with the rule once a day) so calling people divs for going for a run/walk is harsh when most will have been very careful to social distance.

Those clogging up parks, etc, is another matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here