Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20-20 cricket tonight - urgent advice needed please

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Sorry if this sounds a bit of a no-brainer, but I am going to the cricket at Hove tonight, and will be in a bit of a hurry. I've either got to get the 17.37 to Brighton, which gets in at 18.44 or the 17.47 to Hove, which gets in at 18.54. I'm not too familiar with the route from Hove Station to the County Ground. Would I be quicker to walk from Hove or go to Brighton and get a Number 7? Any advice gratefully received.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Sorry if this sounds a bit of a no-brainer, but I am going to the cricket at Hove tonight, and will be in a bit of a hurry. I've either got to get the 17.37 to Brighton, which gets in at 18.44 or the 17.47 to Hove, which gets in at 18.54. I'm not too familiar with the route from Hove Station to the County Ground. Would I be quicker to walk from Hove or go to Brighton and get a Number 7? Any advice gratefully received.

13 mi ns from Hove ststaion.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's hot, so you shouldn't over-exert yourself. Make it 13 and a half.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
It certainly is a 10 minute walk as I live next to the Cricket Ground and walk regularly to the station.

When leaving Hove station turn left and walk along Satation Approach until it turns 90 degrees to your right opposite a Tesco Metro and becomes Denmark Villas. Walk down this road until the first turning on your left. This is Cromwell Road. Walk along this road past the crossroads with the traffic lights until you reach the crossroads with Wilbury Road.

Direction then depends what entrance you are using: down Wilbury Road for the entrance by the cricketers pub. Continue along Cromwell Road and turn first right for the one in Palmeira Avenue.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Perry Milkins said:
No way...you would have to run at least 100 yards of the distance.

Possibly, allthough the size of my legs tend to make it less steps so I will not have to endure the running of 100 yards

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Perry Milkins said:
Agreed that would leave you 30 secs to sit on a wall and admire any scantily clad beauty that walks by you.

Is that likely in Hove? If so, why do I work in this dump called London? Anyway, cheers people. Looks like I'll have a peek at Streetmap when I get a free second (not very likely today) and refresh myself with some fruit of the malt once I arrive. What do they have on the bar at the CG this season? It will be my first visit.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Is that likely in Hove? If so, why do I work in this dump called London? Anyway, cheers people. Looks like I'll have a peek at Streetmap when I get a free second (not very likely today) and refresh myself with some fruit of the malt once I arrive. What do they have on the bar at the CG this season? It will be my first visit.

Will you clock your time so that this debate can be resolved.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its got to be at least a 13 minute stroll from Hove Station.
Not sure what it is going back though.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Easy 10 said:
Its got to be at least a 13 minute stroll from Hove Station.
Not sure what it is going back though.

Thank you Easy!!. Debate settled. I'll have you know that E10 has timed most of the popular walks in the Brighton & Hove Conurbation...I'll have you know that he even knows the time it takes to walk from his pad to the 'Romans' walking backwards whilst doing the twist!!

Isn't that right Easy?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I will certainly report back. I think you go left out of Hove Station, into Denmark Villas, then down over OSR and left into Cromwell Road. Roughly right? Confusion is from when I once walked down Goldstone Villas and it didn't seem to lead anywhere. Sorry for being :dunce: but I've always driven or gone via Brighton Station before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here