Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 year old told to remove England shirt

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
BarrelofFun said:

One that springs to mind, is when my parents recorded over my sky diving video with some crappy German Opera.

Plenty of others times, obviously more meaningful, but I won't go into them...:)

Like when I uncivered your exploit\ation of your children by making them work for the fraggles:lolol: :lolol:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
In my opinion its racist. Just imagine if the same pub had turned away a coloured fella for wearing a Trinidad and Tobago shirt.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
B.M.F said:
Like when I uncivered your exploit\ation of your children by making them work for the fraggles:lolol: :lolol:

What? His children are doozers?

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
BarrelofFun said:
I was asked to turn my Brighton shirt inside out, when I went to a little pub inside Victoria station. It is no big deal. I don't know why people get upset about this sort of thing.

Some pubs have rules that strips are not allowed to be worn, and if you make an exception for one person.....

I can see why they would ban a Brighton shirt, but England shirts should NOT be banned in this country, I blame the government for all of this politically correctness bollocks!!!!!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
My tuppence worth is this:

Wetherspoons is a pub (I use the term loosely - it's anything but a proper English pub) but it has rules like anywhere else.

If one of it's rules is that no football colours are allowed, then so be it. It's their decision to make.

This seems to be yet another complete non-story. So these rules were enforced - so what? Tough shit to the little kid wearing a England shirt, but no football colours - it says it on the door.

One of the most retarded things about this kind of story is that the journo is trying to spin it so as to say noone's allowed to wear their England colours anymore; this is bullshit - a two year old kid wearing a football shirt isn't going to cause trouble anywhere, and anyone with half a brain knows this. It's just a dress code - live with it.

The most retarded about his kind of thing is the people who believe it is some kind of affront to to their civil liberties as an Englishman. It's not. The kid wasn't told to take off the shirt becuase it was in some way racist - it's a dress code which says no football shirts. Yeah, anyone with some common sense could easily see this is one time an exception should have been made as it was just a baby, but it wasn't - take it up with Wetherspoons.

Be pissed off with Wetherspoons for being retarded - this is clearly a stupid rule which, at this time of year especially should be relaxed, but for Christ's sake don't turn this into some kind of Englishman's-right-to-be-English issue becuase it clearly isn't.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here