Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 year old told to remove England shirt

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
"A 2 year old boy was told to remove his England shirt in a pub because the manager feared it could spark trouble.

Charlie Elliott was settling down to lunch with his mother and father, when the Wetherspoons bar manager told the family football strips were banned.

Parents Elaine and Anthony of Leicester were told to remove his shirt or leave. Charlie was then told he could stay - if he turned the shirt inside out."

Christ what's this country coming to when you can't wear an England shirt in England?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was asked to turn my Brighton shirt inside out, when I went to a little pub inside Victoria station. It is no big deal. I don't know why people get upset about this sort of thing.

Some pubs have rules that strips are not allowed to be worn, and if you make an exception for one person.....

BarrelofFun said:
I was asked to turn my Brighton shirt inside out, when I went to a little pub inside Victoria station. It is no big deal. I don't know why people get upset about this sort of thing.

Some pubs have rules that strips are not allowed to be worn, and if you make an exception for one person.....

Have you ever been angry? If so then when and why.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
BarrelofFun said:

yes but a 2 year old for christs sake!! :angry:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
BarrelofFun said:

Its a England shirt. Wearing it in a pub in ENGLAND. If anyone is offended by that then they can f*** off to their own country! This f***ing country is doing my nut in.....:censored:

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
ExmouthExile said:

Dunno about the UK, but here if they made an exception for him, their entire dresscode policy would be legally null and void, so they -have- to enforce it for all.

As goes no-football-shirt pubs - they can exist for all I care, but they're not getting any of my money. Particularly bigoted fuckers like the GAA-gombeen bars where you can wear a GAA shirt but not football or rugby.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
ExmouthExile said:

What is most upsetting is taking a two year old to Weatherspoons :angry:

I agree it is far fetched, but then rules are there to be kept. I not saying the kid is capable of flinging a few glasses about, but you could very easily end up with a situation of "he is wearing one, why can't we?" etc.

Lokki 7 said:
Have you ever been angry? If so then when and why.

:lolol:

One that springs to mind, is when my parents recorded over my sky diving video with some crappy German Opera.

Plenty of others times, obviously more meaningful, but I won't go into them...:)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Guess I can't take monkey to the pub, be a bit painful removing his kit...
wc_monkey.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bhanutz said:
Its a England shirt. Wearing it in a pub in ENGLAND. If anyone is offended by that then they can f*** off to their own country! This f***ing country is doing my nut in.....:censored:

I don't think it is anything to do with it being an England shirt as such, but a football shirt.

With football, you tend to get groups of men drinking etc.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
BarrelofFun said:
I don't think it is anything to do with it being an England shirt as such, but a football shirt.

With football, you tend to get groups of men drinking etc.

Surely you tend to get groups of men drinking in a pub, otherwise they usually go out of business?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
silky1 said:
Why is an inside out football shirt more acceptable then? ???

I guess that it is not recognised as a football shirt as such.

You wouldn't find a group of football fans on the juice, willing to turn theirs inside out.

The guy has rules to abide by and his job would be at stake if their is trouble. Not from the kid, but football fans in general.

You only have to look at the Pump house incident etc. Design to avoid those situations.

It is not a race thing!!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
MYOB said:
Surely you tend to get groups of men drinking in a pub, otherwise they usually go out of business?

what do you think he would do if a group of 10 lads turned up in England shirts?

Probably f*** all! Wankers!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here